Welcome!

  • i2luvlucy@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 24, 1999
    • i2luvlucy@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 24, 1999
        I hope everyone will find this list full of information and a helpful source of Driscoll data for all!

        Below is my husband's line of Driscoll's:
        .John L. DRISCOLL b. 3-16-1837 d. 6-2-1913,
        Roanoke (City), VA m. Mary Hannah ___
        ..Harry Edward DRISCOLL b. 10-8-1880, VA or MD
        d. 8-31-1955, Roanoke, VA m. Icor Blanche
        LAM
        ...Harold Preston DRISCOLL, Sr. b. 3-27-1920,
        Roanoke (City), VA d. 8-20-1993, Roanoke
        (City), VA m. 1-31-1942, Roanoke to
        Zelma Doris "Sue" BAKER.

        John had 2 known brothers (according to his obit): Daniel DRISCOLL of Staunton, VA and Denniss DRISCOLL of Covington, Alleghany Co., VA. John's father may have been Thimothy DRISCOLL. I found a marriage record for a Dennis DRISCOLL in Alleghany Co., VA and it stated his father was Thimothy.

        John was a 76 year old Confederate Veteran when hee died. He served in the Civil War as a private in the 2nd VA Calvary from Botetourt Co., VA. He was also a member of the William Watts Camp Comfederate Veterans. John DRISCOLL and his wife are buried in the Fairview Cemetery in Roanoke (City), VA. He and his family had lived in Cumberland, Maryland and he may have been working for the railroad. He also lived at some point in time in or around Botetourt Co., VA and lived the last 25 years of his life in Roanoke, VA in the Norwich section.

        More info to come!!!
        Cindy Hall Driscoll
        Roanoke, VA