Re: TR-6 with AC-4

  • fred
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 1, 2012
      know what you mean .
      got my TR3/MS4/AC3/DC4/RV4/2B with L4B in 1982 for $ 400.00 . the microphone is the Astatic D104 night eagle . sure glad I did not let that one go .
      kd5pnt

    • crgrbrts@verizon.net
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 1, 2012
        What is the lure of the TR-6 (a TR-4 with a 50 MHz converter, right?)? Is it simply the rarity of the unit?

        I'm just curious.
        Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T
      • Garey Barrell
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 1, 2012
          The TR-6 is a completely different radio, a dedicated six meter transmitter/receiver.

          Yes, the primary reason for the high prices is the fact that only about 500 were built, as opposed
          to ~30,000 of the TR-4 series.

          73, Garey - K4OAH
          Glen Allen, VA

          Drake 2-B, 2-C/2-NT, 4-A, 4-B, C-Line