Re: [DrakeRadio] Moving the tuning dial a little.

  • Garey Barrell
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2012
      Bill -

      It will move. It's just a friction mount, but after 40 years they can be a bit 'sticky'.

      You ARE aware that you can hold the MAIN TUNING knob metal skirt and turn the knob to align the dial?

      IF you determine that you need to move the dial, (necessary in some cases,) best way I've found is
      to grasp the dial _FIRMLY_ (think 'paper-cut') and then turn the MAIN TUNING knob. Easier to
      control that way.

      73, Garey - K4OAH
      Glen Allen, VA

      Drake 2-B, 2-C/2-NT, 4-A, 4-B, C-Line
      and TR-4/C Service Supplement CDs
      <www.k4oah.com>

      Bill wrote:
      > Is there a way to move the plastic dial in a R-4B.
      > Mine is a litle off caompared to my FT-2000.
      > The FT reads 7.153.00 and my Drake reads 7.149.00.
      > I need to move the large plastic wheel just slightly to make up the
      > difference... or does it need to go to the shop?
      > Thanks and 73, Bill

    • Bill
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 1, 2012
        Such an easy to fix operation.