Re: [DrakeRadio] Digest Number 1260

  • Richard Knoppow
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2011
      From: "Jeff Herhold" <jherhold@...>
      To: <DrakeRadio@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Monday, October 31, 2011 8:02 PM
      Subject: RE: [DrakeRadio] Digest Number 1260

      > Greetings!
      >

      > This is my first post to the list, so HI all!
      >

      > Ok, I caught the Drake bug again after using one back in
      > the mid-70s. I am
      > working on a rehabilitation of an R4C and am looking for a
      > correct
      > schematic. The serial number is in the 19500 range, and
      > it uses 6HS6s
      > instead of the 6EJ7 for three of the tubes. Specifically,
      > I am working on
      > the S-Meter circuit that a PO modified somewhat. My
      > symptom, after
      > replacing the PS capacitors, regulator board and audio
      > output with Sherwood
      > mods, is an S-Meter that is pinned low. The RX is
      > excellent, but the
      > S-Meter circuit obviously needs a bit of help. Does
      > anyone have access to
      > the schematic for this version of the receiver or have a
      > link to one? I can
      > deal with the different tube pinouts, but need a correct
      > schematic if I can
      > find one.
      >

      > Thanks
      >

      > Jeff, WI7D

      Garey Barrell, who is a very frequent contributor to
      this list, publishes several CDs with very extensive
      information on Drake equipment. He has stuff there you will
      not find elsewhere. I very strongly recommend obtaining them
      if you are working on any Drake stuff. His 4C one will have
      all the variations on the schematics plus photos. See:
      www.k4oah.com They are not expensive.

      --
      Richard Knoppow
      Los Angeles