Fw: [drakelist] WA9TGT Unique Radio Parts closing?

  • Don
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2007
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Jim Pruitt" <PruittJ@...>
      To: <drakelist@...>
      Sent: Friday, November 02, 2007 12:15 PM
      Subject: [drakelist] WA9TGT Unique Radio Parts closing?

      Jim Pruitt <PruittJ@...> made an utterance to the drakelist gang

      I was just on WA9TGT's Unique Radio Parts web site at http://www.wa9tgt.com/
      and notice that he has a message saying that effective on December 1, 2007
      he is closing and will no longer be supplying replacement Drake parts. Does
      anyone know if someone else will take up where Donnie Garrett is leaving
      off?

      Thank you.

      Jim Pruitt

      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 2, 2007
        They no longer have the power supply filter capacitor replacement PCB for
        the 4-series receivers, either - darn! I need one for my R-4B. But I
        **QUICKLY* ordered the other parts I need or may need to keep things going.

        Guess I'll have to "roll my own" clone of the cap board in my R-4A in
        order to upgrade the R-4B.

        Maybe I should get hot and order the rebuild kit for my AC-4 before
        someone else goes out of business......;

        73,

        Paul, K4MSG

        Visit me at Banjo Hangout: _http://banjohangout.org/my/Paul%20Bock/_
        (http://banjohangout.org/my/Paul%20Bock/)