TR-4C Refurbishing & Cleaning.

  • fdonnelly98
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2010
      Just joined your group. Lots of good info here.
      I bought a Drake TR-4C Xcvr from an SK estate. I have brought it back to life and now I want to clean it up. I have removed all tubes and PA shields & front panel. Yes, I made sure I saved the four spacers for the front panel. The top of the chassis is pretty dirty. Looks like a some pitting& corrosion on top surfaces only. Any recommendations on Proper cleaning methods. I don't want to do a complete restoration, just refurbish it.
      I have used the 409 & water, & oven method on some R-390A modules with good results, but I am a little hesitant to go that route with my TR-4C. Anybody tried this, or any other suggestions.

      Also Where can I find the little red plastic SSB indicator lenses.
      I have one missing.
      Many thanks in advance
      Frank KI0RQ