Drake 2A Osc. Crystals

  • w9bry
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 4, 2007
      Drakers,
      I'm looking for a source for two oscillator crystals for my Drake 2A.
      One is 11.0mhz (40m) and the other is 18.0mhz (20m).
      Anyone have a lead, let me know.
      Thanks
      Barry
    • Garey Barrell
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 4, 2007
        Barry -

        International Crystal Manufacturing (www.icmfg.com) offers high quality
        crystals.

        Some have used a "standard" $1 computer crystal at 18.0 MHz, which works
        fine if you don't have to have absolute frequency accuracy.

        You might also try replacing the 6U8 oscillator tube with a 6EA8. This
        tube, with it's higher gain, will often "fix" sluggish crystals in the 2-B.

        73, Garey - K4OAH
        Atlanta

        Drake 2-B, 4-B & C-Line Service Supplement CDs
        <www.k4oah.com>