Power supply and speaker cabinet

  • Forrest Plumstead
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2009
      I am building my own cabinet. I am using 3/4" Plywood. The AC-4 measures 10"
      long so I cut my base 12" long. The original idea had been to attach the
      sides to the side of the base leaving 1" clearance on each side of the power
      supply. Well . . . "The best laid plans of mice and men . . ." the sides are
      going on top of the base cutting my clearance to 1/4" per side. Here is my
      question: Would a muffin fan on top, be unnecessary over kill, or would the
      reduction in clearance produce more heat and need cooling? There are
      pictures of the first mock up @
      http://forrest.3h.com/AC-3%20PS%20cabinet.html Thanks in advance for any
      help.
      73s
      Forrest WB5HQO
      --
      Forrest Plumstead fplum1@...
      PLUMSTEAD-L List master

    • g4jss@tiscali.co.uk
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2009
        Hi

        If you have got some board left, also patience, why not build another to the same spec as the the MS-4 ? If you build a cabinet with L 11.75" x W 10.75" x H 5.5" - these are internal measurements so add .75" to all the dimensions for external measurements with your 3/4 board.

        It will be much easier to fit a speaker if you leave out the front panel, find a piece of grill meshing ( you can spray that up ) and hey presto!

        Cheers

        Vic
        Find out whether your data is safe: Explore the issues at Tiscali Security Centre. - http://www.tiscali.co.uk/security