Re: Power cables

  • john baker
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 2, 2009
      Thanks Curt,

      Uh...injection lines? Don't understand. Which lines would that be? The only ones I can see to interfer with are the speaker conductors. If you are talking about the cable between the twins, I don't see a conflict since the receiver seems so isolated from the AC4.

      jb

      --- In DrakeRadio@yahoogroups.com, "captcurt2000" <captcurt@...> wrote:

      > Jim makes a great point on the bias adjustment..pretty easy to relocate the adjustment of bias into the switchbox tho..
      >
      > Also..I gathered from your first response that you want to leave all the other interconnects attached. I dont think there is anything destructive about doing mthis but pretty sure at least the injection lines will not stand being paralleled. My recent experiences with the addition of a y harness to the injection line of a r4a/t4x inorder to run a digital frequency display leads me to beleive that that injection system is REAL touchy and reducing the levels in any way creates issues w/ transceive operation.
      >
      > FWIW
      >
      > Curt
      > KU8L
      >

      > --- In DrakeRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Shorney" <jshorney@> wrote:
      > >
      > > On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 17:21:16 -0000, john baker wrote:
      > >
      > > >I'm suprised that, with all the experience on here, someone hasn't tried something like this yet. I have four different rigs (set of B twins, TR4, T4xc and a TR6) and not much shelf space. It would be very user friendly to not have to pull out each of the rigs I am switching from and to each time I want to switch.
      > >
      > > If it were at all practical, I'm sure it would have been done. One
      > > point to note, you would probably need to readjust the bias setting
      > > each time you want to use a different rig. No two are exactly the same,
      > > that's why a pot is provided.
      > >
      > > Much easier just to stack AC4s in the corner.
      > >
      > > 73
      > >
      > > -Jim
      > >

      > > --
      > > Ham Radio NU0C
      > > Lincoln, Nebraska, U.S.S.A.
      > > TR7/RV7/R7A/L7, TR6/RV6, T4XC/R4C/L4B, NCL2000, SB104A, R390A, GT550A/RV550A, HyGain 3750, IBM PS/2 - all vintage, all the time!
      > >
      > > "Give a man a URL, and he will learn for an hour; teach him to Google, and he will learn for a lifetime."

    • captcurt2000
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 3, 2009
        Yes I was refereing to the inj for the twins..not specifically related to switching the AC4, but trying to just leave more than one radio connected and switch the right one on. The injection lines probably would not work if one more box was connected to the chain..on or off--seems to be the capacitance of the cable that is the issue.

        Cheers,

        Curt

        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 14, 2009
          Thanks Curt, ...sorry it took so long to do so...

          That is something I will sure keep in mind. I don't intend to have more than one rig on at a time...if that is what you mean. If not, then that is one more thing that won't be a suprise when it happens.

          ko-mah-wah-yo
          God bless
          73
          jb