HELP!

  • Garey Barrell
    Message 1 of 20 , Jan 1, 2007
      I need a little help. I'm working (still !) on the TR-4 Series CD, and
      there appears to be yet another version schematic or two, other than the
      eight I already have. All my usual sources have come up dry, including
      Drake, which had only TWO of the eight known versions.

      The earliest TR-4 schematic I have is 256619500, which translates to
      2/5/66, s/n 19500 and up. The _First_ TR-4 schematic would be
      sometime in 1965, probably around s/n 15000. That is the one I am
      looking for.

      The earliest TR-4C schematic I have is 3147435161, which translates to
      3/14/74, s/n 35161 and up. The _First_ TR-4_C_ schematic would be
      sometime in 1972, probably around s/n 32000. That is the one I am
      looking for. It's possible that there are one or more additional
      versions between 32000 and 35160, but I'd be happy to find just the one
      around 32000!

      SO ! If anyone with an _original_ Drake TR-4 or TR-4C manual would
      check the version number on the schematic, I would very much like to
      find one or both to include in the CD.

      The first person who comes up with an original for loan or purchase of
      either or both of these "missing links" will be entitled to a free Drake
      Service Supplement CD.

      Thanks for looking!

      --
      73, Garey - K4OAH
      Atlanta

      Drake 2-B, 4-B & C-Line Service Supplement CDs
      <www.k4oah.com>
    • Larry Taft
      Message 2 of 20 , Jan 1, 2007
        I've got xxxx42500 with my TR-4CWrit. That has to be pretty close to
        the end of the 4 stuff.

        73, Larry K2LT
        drakerepair.com

        Garey Barrell wrote:
        > I need a little help. I'm working (still !) on the TR-4 Series CD, and
        > there appears to be yet another version schematic or two, other than the
        > eight I already have. All my usual sources have come up dry, including
        > Drake, which had only TWO of the eight known versions.
        >
        > The earliest TR-4 schematic I have is 256619500, which translates to
        > 2/5/66, s/n 19500 and up. The _First_ TR-4 schematic would be
        > sometime in 1965, probably around s/n 15000. That is the one I am
        > looking for.
        >
        > The earliest TR-4C schematic I have is 3147435161, which translates to
        > 3/14/74, s/n 35161 and up. The _First_ TR-4_C_ schematic would be
        > sometime in 1972, probably around s/n 32000. That is the one I am
        > looking for. It's possible that there are one or more additional
        > versions between 32000 and 35160, but I'd be happy to find just the one
        > around 32000!
        >
        > SO ! If anyone with an _original_ Drake TR-4 or TR-4C manual would
        > check the version number on the schematic, I would very much like to
        > find one or both to include in the CD.
        >
        > The first person who comes up with an original for loan or purchase of
        > either or both of these "missing links" will be entitled to a free Drake
        > Service Supplement CD.
        >
        > Thanks for looking!

      • Garey Barrell
        Message 3 of 20 , Jan 1, 2007
          Larry -

          Yeah, that's the last one I know of.

          Here's the chart (so far) that will go on the CD.

          Larry Taft wrote:
          > I've got xxxx42500 with my TR-4CWrit. That has to be pretty close to
          > the end of the 4 stuff.
          >
          > 73, Larry K2LT
          > drakerepair.com
          >
          > Garey Barrell wrote:
          >
          >> I need a little help. I'm working (still !) on the TR-4 Series CD, and
          >> there appears to be yet another version schematic or two, other than the
          >> eight I already have. All my usual sources have come up dry, including
          >> Drake, which had only TWO of the eight known versions.
          >>
          >> The earliest TR-4 schematic I have is 256619500, which translates to
          >> 2/5/66, s/n 19500 and up. The _First_ TR-4 schematic would be
          >> sometime in 1965, probably around s/n 15000. That is the one I am
          >> looking for.
          >>
          >> The earliest TR-4C schematic I have is 3147435161, which translates to
          >> 3/14/74, s/n 35161 and up. The _First_ TR-4_C_ schematic would be
          >> sometime in 1972, probably around s/n 32000. That is the one I am
          >> looking for. It's possible that there are one or more additional
          >> versions between 32000 and 35160, but I'd be happy to find just the one
          >> around 32000!
          >>
          >> SO ! If anyone with an _original_ Drake TR-4 or TR-4C manual would
          >> check the version number on the schematic, I would very much like to
          >> find one or both to include in the CD.
          >>
          >> The first person who comes up with an original for loan or purchase of
          >> either or both of these "missing links" will be entitled to a free Drake
          >> Service Supplement CD.
          >>
          >> Thanks for looking!
          >>

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Walter Milton
          Message 4 of 20 , Jan 1, 2007
            All,

            I have XXXX44746 with my TR4CW/Rit and the manual has December 1976 stamped
            on just one page. I must be near the very end

            Walt.
            Psalm 1
            A child of the Living God

            _____

            Garey Barrell wrote:
            > I need a little help. I'm working (still !) on the TR-4 Series CD, and
            > there appears to be yet another version schematic or two, other than the
            > eight I already have. All my usual sources have come up dry, including
            > Drake, which had only TWO of the eight known versions.
            >
            > The earliest TR-4 schematic I have is 256619500, which translates to
            > 2/5/66, s/n 19500 and up. The _First_ TR-4 schematic would be
            > sometime in 1965, probably around s/n 15000. That is the one I am
            > looking for.
            >
            > The earliest TR-4C schematic I have is 3147435161, which translates to
            > 3/14/74, s/n 35161 and up. The _First_ TR-4_C_ schematic would be
            > sometime in 1972, probably around s/n 32000. That is the one I am
            > looking for. It's possible that there are one or more additional
            > versions between 32000 and 35160, but I'd be happy to find just the one
            > around 32000!
            >
            > SO ! If anyone with an _original_ Drake TR-4 or TR-4C manual would
            > check the version number on the schematic, I would very much like to
            > find one or both to include in the CD.
            >
            > The first person who comes up with an original for loan or purchase of
            > either or both of these "missing links" will be entitled to a free Drake
            > Service Supplement CD.
            >
            > Thanks for looking!

          • John Silberman
            Message 5 of 20 , Jan 1, 2007
              Garey,

              I have an original TR-4 manual. Same number as yours 256619500

              I have an original TR-4Cw manual, the schematic says TR-4C and is
              number 11017642500

              I have an original TR-3 manual, number 6186410000

              Any of this help?

              John KB4CRT

              On Jan 1, 2007, at 4:22 PM, Garey Barrell wrote:

              > I need a little help. I'm working (still !) on the TR-4 Series CD, and
              > there appears to be yet another version schematic or two, other than
              > the
              > eight I already have. All my usual sources have come up dry, including
              > Drake, which had only TWO of the eight known versions.
              >
              > The earliest TR-4 schematic I have is 256619500, which translates to
              > 2/5/66, s/n 19500 and up. The _First_ TR-4 schematic would be
              > sometime in 1965, probably around s/n 15000. That is the one I am
              > looking for.
              >
              > The earliest TR-4C schematic I have is 3147435161, which translates to
              > 3/14/74, s/n 35161 and up. The _First_ TR-4_C_ schematic would be
              > sometime in 1972, probably around s/n 32000. That is the one I am
              > looking for. It's possible that there are one or more additional
              > versions between 32000 and 35160, but I'd be happy to find just the
              > one
              > around 32000!
              >
              > SO ! If anyone with an _original_ Drake TR-4 or TR-4C manual would
              > check the version number on the schematic, I would very much like to
              > find one or both to include in the CD.
              >
              > The first person who comes up with an original for loan or purchase of
              > either or both of these "missing links" will be entitled to a free
              > Drake
              > Service Supplement CD.
              >
              > Thanks for looking!
              >
              > --
              > 73, Garey - K4OAH
              > Atlanta

            • K5VSE
              Message 6 of 20 , Jan 2, 2007
                Hey Larry,

                I have my Drake "C" line as you know. Well, it started giving me a little
                trouble with receive, and I looked at my manual and decided that possibly
                the RF amp tube might be going bad on me. I ordered a few tubes for the rig
                according to the manual. When I took it apart, it had different tubes than
                what the book called for. (I got the manual when I bought the Drake rigs.)
                My manual says there were at least three 6EJ7 tubes in it. Mine does not
                have any at all, but in their place it uses 6HS6, 6BE6, and 6BA6 tubes. My
                serial number is 16923! I have to assume that is an earlier version, and the
                changes were made during later production runs. Can you give me any idea as
                to how to go about finding the correct manual? I might get hold of John
                Kriner, Bill Frost, or possibly Gary over in Georgia to see what they might
                suggest or have available.

                Thanks buddy,

                73,
                Mena Mike/K5VSE

                Formerly WB6VSE, Senior Tech. Amateur Division
                SBE/Linear Systems, Watsonville, CA
                Pupule384 On 3922 Nightly
                WEB Site: http://members.tripod.com/~sjsharks/index.html
                Restoring and using Drake Radios, TR-4, TR-4C, RV-4C,
                Drake Twins: "C" line, W-4 Wattmeter, L4-B amplifier
                APA 220, USS Okanogan, LSD31, USS Point Defiance
                All email scanned with Norton 2006
                "In God We Trust"

              • Larry Taft
                Message 7 of 20 , Jan 2, 2007
                  The best source for info is Garey's CD on the C Twins. I have one and
                  it is the best way to find your way around the Twins. Yours is an early
                  one with the 6HS6's. Have a good grip on your wallet, those 6HS6 tubes
                  are getting scarce and $ going up.

                  http://www.k4oah.com/

                  73, Larry K2LT

                  K5VSE wrote:
                  > Hey Larry,
                  >
                  > I have my Drake "C" line as you know. Well, it started giving me a little
                  > trouble with receive, and I looked at my manual and decided that possibly
                  > the RF amp tube might be going bad on me. I ordered a few tubes for the rig
                  > according to the manual. When I took it apart, it had different tubes than
                  > what the book called for. (I got the manual when I bought the Drake rigs.)
                  > My manual says there were at least three 6EJ7 tubes in it. Mine does not
                  > have any at all, but in their place it uses 6HS6, 6BE6, and 6BA6 tubes. My
                  > serial number is 16923! I have to assume that is an earlier version, and the
                  > changes were made during later production runs. Can you give me any idea as
                  > to how to go about finding the correct manual? I might get hold of John
                  > Kriner, Bill Frost, or possibly Gary over in Georgia to see what they might
                  > suggest or have available.
                  >
                  > Thanks buddy,
                  >
                  > 73,
                  > Mena Mike/K5VSE
                  >

                  > Formerly WB6VSE, Senior Tech. Amateur Division
                  > SBE/Linear Systems, Watsonville, CA
                  > Pupule384 On 3922 Nightly
                  > WEB Site: http://members.tripod.com/~sjsharks/index.html
                  > Restoring and using Drake Radios, TR-4, TR-4C, RV-4C,
                  > Drake Twins: "C" line, W-4 Wattmeter, L4-B amplifier
                  > APA 220, USS Okanogan, LSD31, USS Point Defiance
                  > All email scanned with Norton 2006
                  > "In God We Trust"

                  > Yahoo! Groups Links

                • K5VSE
                  Message 8 of 20 , Jan 2, 2007
                    Thanks Larry,
                    I might go ahead and buy the CD. I still want to find an original manual
                    though, because it will match all my Drake stuff correctly.

                    73,
                    Mena Mike

                    Message 9 of 20 , Jan 2, 2007
                      Yeah, you do need an original manual just for having it. The real value
                      in Garey's CD is the location of every part is shown and saves hours of
                      tracing time. For you slowpokes living in the great frozen north it
                      could be weeks.

                      73 Larry K2LT

                      K5VSE wrote:
                      > Thanks Larry,
                      > I might go ahead and buy the CD. I still want to find an original manual
                      > though, because it will match all my Drake stuff correctly.
                      >
                      > 73,
                      > Mena Mike
                      >

                      > Formerly WB6VSE, Senior Tech. Amateur Division
                      > SBE/Linear Systems, Watsonville, CA
                      > Pupule384 On 3922 Nightly
                      > WEB Site: http://members.tripod.com/~sjsharks/index.html
                      > Restoring and using Drake Radios, TR-4, TR-4C, RV-4C,
                      > Drake Twins: "C" line, W-4 Wattmeter, L4-B amplifier
                      > APA 220, USS Okanogan, LSD31, USS Point Defiance
                      > All email scanned with Norton 2006
                      > "In God We Trust"

                      > Yahoo! Groups Links

                    • K5VSE
                      Message 10 of 20 , Jan 2, 2007
                        Where do you come up with the great frozen north? I'm only in Arkansas, and
                        it's 48 right now. But, we were all white this morning, because it got down
                        to 2? something last night.

                        I'll keep looking for the right manual, and sooner or later it will appear.

                        See ya on 22
                        Mena Mike

                        Formerly WB6VSE, Senior Tech. Amateur Division
                        SBE/Linear Systems, Watsonville, CA
                        Pupule384 On 3922 Nightly
                        WEB Site: http://members.tripod.com/~sjsharks/index.html
                        Restoring and using Drake Radios, TR-4, TR-4C, RV-4C,
                        Drake Twins: "C" line, W-4 Wattmeter, L4-B amplifier
                        APA 220, USS Okanogan, LSD31, USS Point Defiance
                        All email scanned with Norton 2006
                        "In God We Trust"

                      • cdsol111
                        Message 11 of 20 , Jan 3, 2007
                          I might have it(?). My TR4 Ser # is 26729. My copy of manual (don't
                          know whether originally for my specific TR4) has schematic with
                          numbers: 156726000. Could that be it? By the way, the 2-B still
                          working like gangbusters - thanks)

                          '73/Happy New Year.

                          - Carl, W5SU
                          Dallas TX

                          --- In DrakeRadio@yahoogroups.com, Garey Barrell <k4oah@...> wrote:

                          > I need a little help. I'm working (still !) on the TR-4 Series CD, and
                          > there appears to be yet another version schematic or two, other than the
                          > eight I already have. All my usual sources have come up dry, including
                          > Drake, which had only TWO of the eight known versions.
                          >
                          > The earliest TR-4 schematic I have is 256619500, which translates to
                          > 2/5/66, s/n 19500 and up. The _First_ TR-4 schematic would be
                          > sometime in 1965, probably around s/n 15000. That is the one I am
                          > looking for.
                          >
                          > The earliest TR-4C schematic I have is 3147435161, which translates to
                          > 3/14/74, s/n 35161 and up. The _First_ TR-4_C_ schematic would be
                          > sometime in 1972, probably around s/n 32000. That is the one I am
                          > looking for. It's possible that there are one or more additional
                          > versions between 32000 and 35160, but I'd be happy to find just the one
                          > around 32000!
                          >
                          > SO ! If anyone with an _original_ Drake TR-4 or TR-4C manual would
                          > check the version number on the schematic, I would very much like to
                          > find one or both to include in the CD.
                          >
                          > The first person who comes up with an original for loan or purchase of
                          > either or both of these "missing links" will be entitled to a free Drake
                          > Service Supplement CD.
                          >
                          > Thanks for looking!
                          >
                          > --
                          > 73, Garey - K4OAH
                          > Atlanta
                          >
                          > Drake 2-B, 4-B & C-Line Service Supplement CDs
                          > <www.k4oah.com>

                        • Walter Milton
                          Message 12 of 20 , Jan 3, 2007
                            Speaking of manuals, Larry or anyone where can I find a copy of a TR4CWR/it
                            manual. On close inspection the manual I have is for the TR4C.

                            Thanks,

                            Walt., KA2NJF
                            Psalm 1
                            A child of the Living God

                            _____

                            K5VSE wrote:
                            > Thanks Larry,
                            > I might go ahead and buy the CD. I still want to find an original manual
                            > though, because it will match all my Drake stuff correctly.
                            >
                            > 73,
                            > Mena Mike
                            >

                            > Formerly WB6VSE, Senior Tech. Amateur Division
                            > SBE/Linear Systems, Watsonville, CA
                            > Pupule384 On 3922 Nightly
                            > WEB Site: http://members.
                            <http://members.tripod.com/~sjsharks/index.html>
                            tripod.com/~sjsharks/index.html
                            > Restoring and using Drake Radios, TR-4, TR-4C, RV-4C,
                            > Drake Twins: "C" line, W-4 Wattmeter, L4-B amplifier
                            > APA 220, USS Okanogan, LSD31, USS Point Defiance
                            > All email scanned with Norton 2006
                            > "In God We Trust"

                            > Yahoo! Groups Links

                          • Walter Milton
                            Message 13 of 20 , Jan 3, 2007
                              Carl,

                              Where on your schematic did you find that number. I have looked all over
                              my manual and as of now have not found any think like that.

                              Thank,
                              Walt., KA2NJF
                              Psalm 1
                              A child of the Living God

                              _____

                              --- In DrakeRadio@yahoogro <mailto:DrakeRadio%40yahoogroups.com> ups.com,
                              Garey Barrell <k4oah@...> wrote:

                              > I need a little help. I'm working (still !) on the TR-4 Series CD, and
                              > there appears to be yet another version schematic or two, other than the
                              > eight I already have. All my usual sources have come up dry, including
                              > Drake, which had only TWO of the eight known versions.
                              >
                              > The earliest TR-4 schematic I have is 256619500, which translates to
                              > 2/5/66, s/n 19500 and up. The _First_ TR-4 schematic would be
                              > sometime in 1965, probably around s/n 15000. That is the one I am
                              > looking for.
                              >
                              > The earliest TR-4C schematic I have is 3147435161, which translates to
                              > 3/14/74, s/n 35161 and up. The _First_ TR-4_C_ schematic would be
                              > sometime in 1972, probably around s/n 32000. That is the one I am
                              > looking for. It's possible that there are one or more additional
                              > versions between 32000 and 35160, but I'd be happy to find just the one
                              > around 32000!
                              >
                              > SO ! If anyone with an _original_ Drake TR-4 or TR-4C manual would
                              > check the version number on the schematic, I would very much like to
                              > find one or both to include in the CD.
                              >
                              > The first person who comes up with an original for loan or purchase of
                              > either or both of these "missing links" will be entitled to a free Drake
                              > Service Supplement CD.
                              >
                              > Thanks for looking!
                              >
                              > --
                              > 73, Garey - K4OAH
                              > Atlanta
                              >
                              > Drake 2-B, 4-B & C-Line Service Supplement CDs
                              > <www.k4oah.com>

                            • Garey Barrell
                              Message 14 of 20 , Jan 3, 2007
                                Carl -

                                No, that's one I have. I'm looking for one that _should_ be in 1965,
                                around s/n 15000. That IS the correct schematic and manual for your
                                unit though!

                                Glad the 2-B is still alive and well.

                                Thanks for checking!

                                cdsol111 wrote:
                                > I might have it(?). My TR4 Ser # is 26729. My copy of manual (don't
                                > know whether originally for my specific TR4) has schematic with
                                > numbers: 156726000. Could that be it? By the way, the 2-B still
                                > working like gangbusters - thanks)
                                >
                                > '73/Happy New Year.
                                >
                                > - Carl, W5SU
                                > Dallas TX
                                >
                                > --- In DrakeRadio@yahoogroups.com, Garey Barrell <k4oah@...> wrote:
                                >
                                >> I need a little help. I'm working (still !) on the TR-4 Series CD, and
                                >> there appears to be yet another version schematic or two, other than the
                                >> eight I already have. All my usual sources have come up dry, including
                                >> Drake, which had only TWO of the eight known versions.
                                >>
                                >> The earliest TR-4 schematic I have is 256619500, which translates to
                                >> 2/5/66, s/n 19500 and up. The _First_ TR-4 schematic would be
                                >> sometime in 1965, probably around s/n 15000. That is the one I am
                                >> looking for.
                                >>
                                >> The earliest TR-4C schematic I have is 3147435161, which translates to
                                >> 3/14/74, s/n 35161 and up. The _First_ TR-4_C_ schematic would be
                                >> sometime in 1972, probably around s/n 32000. That is the one I am
                                >> looking for. It's possible that there are one or more additional
                                >> versions between 32000 and 35160, but I'd be happy to find just the one
                                >> around 32000!
                                >>
                                >> SO ! If anyone with an _original_ Drake TR-4 or TR-4C manual would
                                >> check the version number on the schematic, I would very much like to
                                >> find one or both to include in the CD.
                                >>
                                >> The first person who comes up with an original for loan or purchase of
                                >> either or both of these "missing links" will be entitled to a free Drake
                                >> Service Supplement CD.
                                >>
                                >> Thanks for looking!
                                >>
                                >> --
                                >> 73, Garey - K4OAH
                                >> Atlanta
                                >>
                                >> Drake 2-B, 4-B & C-Line Service Supplement CDs
                                >> <www.k4oah.com>
                                >>

                                > Yahoo! Groups Links

                              • Garey Barrell
                                Message 15 of 20 , Jan 3, 2007
                                  Walt -

                                  There is no manual for the TR-4Cw/RIT. The manual you want will have
                                  schematic 11017642500 and be for the TR-4Cw. There is a two sided sheet
                                  covering the RIT board which is the only difference between the two.
                                  The schematic will be on the CD (eventually) but I'll send you the scan
                                  for the RIT sheet. I don't think the list allows attachments.

                                  Walter Milton wrote:
                                  > Speaking of manuals, Larry or anyone where can I find a copy of a TR4CWR/it
                                  > manual. On close inspection the manual I have is for the TR4C.
                                  >
                                  > Thanks,
                                  >
                                  > Walt., KA2NJF
                                  > Psalm 1
                                  > A child of the Living God
                                  >

                                  > _____

                                • Don
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Jan 3, 2007
                                    Sorry, no attachments to help prevent spam, however, you may feel free to upload to the files section.
                                    Don
                                    Ke7ffm

                                    Walter Milton wrote:
                                    > Speaking of manuals, Larry or anyone where can I find a copy of a TR4CWR/it
                                    > manual. On close inspection the manual I have is for the TR4C.
                                    >
                                    > Thanks,
                                    >
                                    > Walt., KA2NJF
                                    > Psalm 1
                                    > A child of the Living God
                                    >

                                    > _____

                                  • Walter Milton
                                    Message 17 of 20 , Jan 4, 2007
                                      Thanks, there is no need to at this time.

                                      Thank Garey, I found the number!! Now that I know where it is I do not
                                      know how many times I may have looked at it and did not know what it was.
                                      My serial number is in deed 11017642500.

                                      Garey thanks for the two files they were not needed. I have copies of them
                                      in the techn manual.

                                      Walt., KA2NJF
                                      Psalm 1
                                      A child of the Living God

                                      _____

                                      Walter Milton wrote:
                                      > Speaking of manuals, Larry or anyone where can I find a copy of a
                                      TR4CWR/it
                                      > manual. On close inspection the manual I have is for the TR4C.
                                      >
                                      > Thanks,
                                      >
                                      > Walt., KA2NJF
                                      > Psalm 1
                                      > A child of the Living God
                                      >

                                      > _____
                                      >
                                      > From: DrakeRadio@yahoogro <mailto:DrakeRadio%40yahoogroups.com> ups.com
                                      > Yeah, you do need an original manual just for having it. The real value
                                      > in Garey's CD is the location of every part is shown and saves hours of
                                      > tracing time. For you slowpokes living in the great frozen north it
                                      > could be weeks.
                                      >
                                      > 73 Larry K2LT
                                      >
                                      > K5VSE wrote:
                                      >
                                      >> Thanks Larry,
                                      >> I might go ahead and buy the CD. I still want to find an original manual

                                      >> though, because it will match all my Drake stuff correctly.
                                      >>
                                      >> 73,
                                      >> Mena Mike
                                      >>

                                      >> Formerly WB6VSE, Senior Tech. Amateur Division
                                      >> SBE/Linear Systems, Watsonville, CA
                                      >> Pupule384 On 3922 Nightly
                                      >> WEB Site: http://members.
                                      >>
                                      > <http://members. <http://members.tripod.com/~sjsharks/index.html>
                                      tripod.com/~sjsharks/index.html>
                                      > tripod.com/~sjsharks/index.html
                                      >
                                      >> Restoring and using Drake Radios, TR-4, TR-4C, RV-4C,
                                      >> Drake Twins: "C" line, W-4 Wattmeter, L4-B amplifier
                                      >> APA 220, USS Okanogan, LSD31, USS Point Defiance
                                      >> All email scanned with Norton 2006
                                      >> "In God We Trust"

                                      >> Yahoo! Groups Links

                                      > Yahoo! Groups Links

                                    • ka2oig
                                      Message 18 of 20 , Feb 2, 2009
                                        Walt and Garey,

                                        My manual has a TR-4Cw and then there are added pages for the RIT as
                                        Walt mentioned, plus the photo on the front shows the rit control on
                                        the front lower right of the TR panel. It would be interesting to
                                        know "officially" if they ever did produce a manual with TR-4Cw/RIT
                                        or such on the cover.
                                        Interestingly, the instructions for both the cw 500Hz filter and the
                                        RIT are inserted after the table of contents as pages iv through vii.

                                        ^Then the photo on page 1-2 is back to the old TR-4C configuration,
                                        that is w/o : 1) the RIT and NB buttons; 2) the RIT knob, and 3) the
                                        filter knob.

                                      • david.rose@snet.net
                                        Message 19 of 20 , Mar 21, 2009
                                          Just got my AUX-7 board all set up for the WARC bands and went to install the board, but to my suprise it looks more complicated than I thought. Is there an easier way to do this w/o dropping the front panel and possibly damaging the bandswitch? Any advice always appreciated. Tnx.

                                          Dave KW1V
                                        • Jim Shorney
                                          Message 20 of 20 , Mar 21, 2009
                                            On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 00:34:10 -0000, david.rose@... wrote:

                                            > Just got my AUX-7 board all set up for the WARC bands and went to install the board, but to my suprise it looks more complicated than I thought. Is there an easier way to do this w/o dropping the front panel and possibly damaging the bandswitch? Any advice always appreciated. Tnx.
                                            >
                                            >Dave KW1V

                                            David,

                                            Although dropping the front panel is not that difficult, that is not
                                            the correct way. To install the AUX7, you need to remove the DR7 board.
                                            The Drake installation instructions are available on various web sites
                                            around the net, and be sure to read the cautions and caveats involves
                                            with removing and reinstalling the DR7 board which have been posted
                                            fairly often here, and in the Drakelist reflector archive.

                                            And please, give us some feedback on how you are doing. Several of us
                                            have taken the time to answer your questions and offer help, but it
                                            feels a bit like typing into a vacuum without seeing any feedback that
                                            you have even read this stuff.

                                            73

                                            -Jim

                                            --
                                            Ham Radio NU0C
                                            Lincoln, Nebraska, U.S.S.A.

                                            "Give a man a URL, and he will learn for an hour; teach him to Google, and he will learn for a lifetime."