Re: [DrakeRadio] Re: Slightly off-topic: Heathkit keyer power plug

  • Mike Bryce
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 25, 2013
      Gang,

      this is one case where one size won't fit all.

      those 1410 keyers did use a cheater type power cord, but the pin spacing is
      much closer..I've found that the panasonic power cords work and fit like a
      glove.

      mike, wb8vge

      ooh... the power cord for the sb303 and others is a cord used by adding
      machines as well as other business equipment.

      --
      Mike, WB8VGE
      SunLight Energy Systems

      J e e p
      o|||||||o

    • oh6nt
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 26, 2013
        Hello again. Thanks to all for answers. I've managed to find a suitable cord from a gadget delivered with an US cord, which is a snug fit, so the keyer actually works now. The plug is not the original, but the original would be hard to find.

        Someone warned that the unit ia wired for 115 Vac, but that is changeable by a jumper on the PCB. And, since somebody has nicked the original transformer, the new one (found in a PC speaker system) works just fine on 230 Vac. Fortunately it had same mech specs that the original...

        Hava a good time with your Green Lines and Drakes!
        It's good to be green - Get a Heathkit!! :-)

        OH6NT / Thomas