Cali

  • Pat Panzera
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 1, 2002
      Yo, Drew.

      You showed me a beautiful Florida, no doubt.
      If and when you and Kat make it out this way, I'd like to return
      the favor and show you my state.

      I've already shown you some photos of Pismo (about 2 hours from my
      house) http://www.experimental-aviation.com/images/CLIFF3.jpg
      but in the other direction, this is what you can expect:

      http://www.experimental-aviation.com/ConstructionDesigns/Projects/Haxton1.jpg
      http://www.experimental-aviation.com/ConstructionDesigns/Projects/Haxton2.jpg
      http://www.experimental-aviation.com/ConstructionDesigns/Projects/Haxton3.jpg

      Yesterday afternoon I had the severe displeasure to drive a hour
      (with the top down) to visit a client's future building site, to
      get a glimpse of the view, so that my design for them could take
      full advantage. What a bummer it was to go up in the foothills and
      escape the valley heat. What a drag it was to dine alfresco with
      my wife, at a little restaurant along side this horrible river view.

      Life really sucks.

      Pat

      And in case you were wondering, yes, that storm you see brewing
      did cut loose... with one of the most awesome 360º view light show
      I've ever seen. Top back up in the rain? No way! Aerodynamics rock.
      We stayed dry as a bone as long as we kept moving... which is what
      we did.
    • Aurigema, Andrew N
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 3, 2002
        It's a deal. Like I said, the only time I spent in Ca was in LA and it
        sucked.

        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 3, 2002
          LA sucks to visit, but it can be a real nice place to live.

          Hey Pat, what kind of convertable? Mine is a Miata.

          Owen

          http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
        • ARGOLDMAN@aol.com
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 3, 2002
            owenstrawn@... writes:

            << LA sucks to visit, but it can be a real nice place to live.

            Hey Pat, what kind of convertable? Mine is a Miata.

            Owen

            Owen,

            Miata here also-- Best car I have ever had . Now 207K miles. ('92) original
            battery and clutch. Over the years, I have probably put less than $2k into
            it. Am considering another Miata when this one gets old, if that ever happens.

            Rich
          • Patrick Panzera
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 3, 2002
              "Aurigema, Andrew N" wrote:

              > It's a deal. Like I said, the only time I spent in Ca was in LA and it
              > sucked.

              I look forward to it.

              Another BTW on the photos. The changing colors of the overall
              photos was due to the sun setting behind me. Those are the true
              colors, changing from "normal" to pink to orange.

              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 3, 2002
                Owen Strawn wrote:

                > LA sucks to visit, but it can be a real nice place to live.
                >
                > Hey Pat, what kind of convertable? Mine is a Miata.

                Close, RX7. I don't fit in a Miata or I'd own one already. :(

                Pat

              • Owen Strawn
                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 3, 2002
                  Convertible RX-7... Must be 2nd generation? I like the looks of the
                  3rd, but who can afford a supercar? 2nd is reputed by owners to be da
                  bomb. 1st is of course a classic.

                  My 6' wife (mostly leg) fits the Miata just fine - a lot more space
                  than the old MGs, Triumphs, and Fiats. More affordable too, specially
                  considering maintenance. Guess it takes all shapes to make a world
                  <grin>

                  Of course if you want to play with rotaries, enjoy!
                  Owen

                  Message 8 of 11 , Jun 3, 2002
                    '92 too! Michiko has 5k on her clock (I had to replace the speedo at
                    88k). I bought her in '97. She has some pesky leaks but would probably
                    be OK if I paid a little more attention to her.

                    Message 9 of 11 , Jun 3, 2002
                      Owen Strawn wrote:

                      > Convertible RX-7... Must be 2nd generation?

                      Ok, so it's off topic. But Mazda lovers have a reason for being so.

                      http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/PanzeraFamily/88_RX7.html

                      Pat

                      1991 B2600i Gray
                      1996 MX6 Gold
                      1997 MPV White
                      1988 RX7 Convertible Silver
                      1998 RX7 GTU (not running) Red
                    • Paul A Schumann
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jun 3, 2002
                        It looks kinda like my LaBaron convertible except I can put my
                        helicopter, tool box, fuel and RC transmitter in the back seat and the
                        golf clubs in the trunk (Oh, and occasionally one of my kids is in the
                        back seat with the RC gear.

                        It's great to drive topless!

                        Paul in (the state with a forest fire for each week of the summer) Denver

                      • oneskydog@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 11 , Jun 3, 2002
                          In a message dated 6/3/2002 7:08:02 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
                          aurigean@... writes:

                          > It's a deal. Like I said, the only time I spent in Ca was in LA and it
                          > sucked.
                          >
                          > Drew

                          You never got close to Ca you were in an alien place if you were in LA.

                          One Sky Dog