R: New DBFN editor....

  • DBFNSPUD@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 1, 2001
      Hello Everyone,
      I would like to inform the group that Pat Panzera will be your new
      editor of "Dragonfly Builders and Flyers Newsletter", know to most as
      DBFN. His first issue will be number #89. Pat has some excellent
      plans for the newsletter including bringing an electronic version by
      the end of the year or before.
      All subscription renewals and article related information should be
      sent directly to him at:
      Pat Panzera
      1931 Emma Lee Lane
      Hanford, CA 93230
      Renewal for $20.00 in the U.S. - $23.00 in Canada and $30.00 overseas
      airmail.
      My last DBFN issue #88, should mail within the next ten days.
      I'm sure Pat will jump on here later today and will try and answer
      any ones questions.
      I will still have the back issues available of DBFN #32 through #88
      if anyone would require them.
      Very Best Regards,
      Spud Spornitz
      Olathe, Kansas
    • Pat Panzera
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 1, 2001
        DBFNSPUD@... wrote:

        > Hello Everyone,
        > I would like to inform the group that Pat Panzera will be your new
        > editor of "Dragonfly Builders and Flyers Newsletter", know to most as
        > DBFN.

        <snip>

        > I'm sure Pat will jump on here later today and will try and answer
        > any ones questions.

        Yep I did it. I stuck my head in the noose.
        Spud and I have been in communication throughout the past month concerning
        my volunteering to carry the torch. I wanted to make sure that I could keep
        the quality up to the standard he set before I commited. I hope I can, and
        will be needing lots of help from you all.

        I set up the poll on eGroups again to try and get a feel for the need for an
        electronic version. Well the e's have it. I'll begin the transition to an
        e-version. I say transition because if it doesn't work out as hoped, or it's
        not received well after all, I don't want to have a break in continuity like
        what happened in 1999, for those collecting back issues years from now.

        Therefore the first issue for 2001 (Jan-Feb) will go out both ways for sure to
        everyone. All subsequent issues will go out electronic to those who wish to
        be "beta testers" and those who want a hard copy will be able to receive it
        as long as they want.

        The next issue you receive in the mail will have a subscription form for you
        to fill out and send in. You will be able at that time list you e-mail
        address and opt for the electronic version. Unfortunately I don't feel that
        I can reduce the cost to those who want the e-version (this year) because
        I don't know how my printing costs are going to work out with a smaller
        number of issues printed. Also I want to insure that during this transition
        period, at any point I have difficulty with the electronic version, I can
        afford to send out hard copies for (once again) the sake of continuity.

        I project that this time next year all the dust will be settled and the 2002
        subscription form will have a reduced rate for those who want the e-version
        only.... and probably a slightly higher (than current) price for those who
        want/need the paper version.

        But in any event, my goal will be to produce an electronic version, that
        once it's on your hard drive, you can print a copy to add to your 3 ring
        binder, which should look as good if not better than the paper version. One
        advantage the e-version will have over the paper version is color... unless
        I can get color copies made and mailed for a reasonable cost.

        More in the next e-mail.

        Happy new year everyone!

        Pat
      • ulnut@aol.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 1, 2001
          Congratulations Pat! I know you will do an excellent job. And I would like
          to extend my thanks to Spud, who has, IMHO kept the Dragonfly alive. We
          expect to see some pictures of Spud's project in the newsletter.....

          Do we start the subscriptions to Pat beginning the first of the year?

          Fred Worrell

        • Pat Panzera
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 1, 2001
            ulnut@... wrote:

            > Congratulations Pat! I know you will do an excellent job. And I would like
            > to extend my thanks to Spud, who has, IMHO kept the Dragonfly alive. We
            > expect to see some pictures of Spud's project in the newsletter.....

            Thanks Fred, for the vote of confidence.

            > Do we start the subscriptions to Pat beginning the first of the year?

            Nobody worry about sending what to whom. The next issue of the newsletter
            (due out in a week or so) will have a new subscription form. Wait till then
            unless you are not a current subscriber and would like to start with the
            first issue of 2001.

            Thanks!

            Pat
          • Robert Stanfield
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 2, 2001
              Pat,
              what if we already piad for next year with spud? does all that transfer to you?

              Robert

              Pat Panzera wrote:

              > ulnut@... wrote:
              > >
              > > Congratulations Pat! I know you will do an excellent job. And I would like
              > > to extend my thanks to Spud, who has, IMHO kept the Dragonfly alive. We
              > > expect to see some pictures of Spud's project in the newsletter.....
              >
              > Thanks Fred, for the vote of confidence.
              >
              > > Do we start the subscriptions to Pat beginning the first of the year?
              >
              > Nobody worry about sending what to whom. The next issue of the newsletter
              > (due out in a week or so) will have a new subscription form. Wait till then
              > unless you are not a current subscriber and would like to start with the
              > first issue of 2001.
              >
              > Thanks!
              >
              > Pat

            • Robert Stanfield
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 2, 2001
                Pat ,
                I don't always have time to read all the list e-mails but remember seeing
                something about someone building prefab wings in a mold, do you think we could get
                a detailed article in a newsletter? maybe even if there are a few guys in this
                area we could work together a few weekends and make a set of molds to make each of
                us some wings and canards. anything to save weight on are DF's

                Robert

              • DBFNSPUD@aol.com
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 2, 2001
                  --- In Dragonflylist@egroups.com, Robert Stanfield <rwstanfield@e...>
                  wrote:
                  > Pat,
                  > what if we already piad for next year with spud? does all that
                  transfer to you?

                  Robert,

                  There is a few people that have paid for 2001. Those subscription
                  fees will automatically roll over to Pat.

                  Regards,

                  Spud Spornitz
                  in frozen Kansas -8 degrees! Brrrrrrrrrr
                • Pat Panzera
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 2, 2001
                    Robert Stanfield wrote:

                    > Pat ,
                    > I don't always have time to read all the list e-mails but remember seeing
                    > something about someone building prefab wings in a mold, do you think we could get
                    > a detailed article in a newsletter?

                    I'm all for it. But we'll have to ask Hans.

                    http://home.t-online.de/home/hans.graesser/prefab/index.htm

                    Pat
                  • DraagunFly@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 2, 2001
                      Robert
                      The Wings made in a mold, similar to Glasair, was featured in an article in
                      newsletter #49, p 8&9. The designer/builder is Han Graesser of Winnenden,
                      Germany. I don't know if he has produced plans or will sell parts. It seems
                      like a lot of work for what improvement ? He uses a hoop style gear, so the
                      canard doesn't take the landing loads. If you you make them wet wings, how do
                      you handle such large weight changes well ahead/behind of the C.G. as fuel
                      burns off? He is on the list, maybe he will answer your inquiy.
                      Richard at chino
                    • Glenn D. Watson Jr.
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jan 24, 2001
                        Pat,

                        I would like to start a subscription to the DBFN Newsletter. What do I need
                        to do to start a subscription?

                        Thanks
                        Glenn Watson
                        gwatson@... <mailto:gwatson@...>

                        > Congratulations Pat! I know you will do an excellent job. And I would
                        like
                        > to extend my thanks to Spud, who has, IMHO kept the Dragonfly alive. We
                        > expect to see some pictures of Spud's project in the newsletter.....

                        Thanks Fred, for the vote of confidence.

                        > Do we start the subscriptions to Pat beginning the first of the year?

                        Nobody worry about sending what to whom. The next issue of the newsletter
                        (due out in a week or so) will have a new subscription form. Wait till then
                        unless you are not a current subscriber and would like to start with the
                        first issue of 2001.

                        Thanks!

                        Pat

                        eGroups Sponsor