Re: [Dragonflylist] AOA at canard stall

  • Charlie Johnson
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 23, 2013
      Fred,

      I have not taken any for a while. The Corvair was having issues, I hope I have it figured out. I have ran it twice since August. I have made modifications to the cooling and also the intake manifold. The intake manifold was probably the root cause of a lot of problems I have been trying to get under control. It warmed up last weekend and I was able to do pattern work with the modified intake manifold and gather data. The data confirmed the ground run, better mixture distribution. I still think I am over propped.

      Regards,

      Charlie Johnson

      Sent from my iPad

      On Feb 23, 2013, at 12:41 PM, "Fred Worrell" <f.worrell@...> wrote:

      > Thanks Charlie. Any more video of the Corvair in flight?
      >

      > Fred

    • Fred Worrell
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 24, 2013
        Thanks for the update Charlie. Please keep us informed of your status. It
        would be great if you snapped some photos of the intake manifold and point
        out what the modifications were. Things like that help us all, plus I
        really enjoy reading those reports.

        Fred

        I have not taken any for a while. The Corvair was having issues, I hope I
        have it figured out. I have ran it twice since August. I have made
        modifications to the cooling and also the intake manifold. The intake
        manifold was probably the root cause of a lot of problems I have been trying
        to get under control. It warmed up last weekend and I was able to do pattern
        work with the modified intake manifold and gather data. The data confirmed
        the ground run, better mixture distribution. I still think I am over
        propped.

        Regards,

        Charlie Johnson

        Sent from my iPad

        On Feb 23, 2013, at 12:41 PM, "Fred Worrell" f.worrell@...
        <mailto:f.worrell%40comcast.net> > wrote:

        > Thanks Charlie. Any more video of the Corvair in flight?
        >

        > Fred
        >

        > From: Dragonflylist@yahoogroups.com
        <mailto:Dragonflylist%40yahoogroups.com>