Dragonfly Plans

  • OTTO
    Message 1 of 27 , Jul 1, 2011
      Hello, I just purchased a set of plans, to a M1. Is there any conversion plans to change the M1 to a M111 the tri gear?? Thanks, Otto
    • William
      Message 2 of 27 , Dec 19, 2012
      • dflybldr
        Message 3 of 27 , Dec 20, 2012
          Beware. These appear to be a copy of a set of Dragonfly plans. I may be mistaken but they look like 8.5 x 11 format. Mine are 11 by 17 heavy paper (yellow with age) and bound with large rings in punch holes. Mine is the only set I have personally seen and mine was the first set sold on to public. Viking may have changed the format but I just don't know.

          I guess it doesn't matter as there is none to register them with, but I am concerned that they will not have all the full size templates you need to hot wire cores and such.

          They might be nice to have for reference in the shop but might not be original full set.

          --- In Dragonflylist@yahoogroups.com, "William" <willard561@...> wrote:

          > There's a set of plans on Ebay right now
          > http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dragonfly-Construction-Manual-and-Drawings-/290833038265?pt=Motors_Aviation_Parts_Gear&hash=item43b6fffbb9&vxp=mtr
          >
          > Bill Higdon

        • Patrick Panzera
          Message 4 of 27 , Dec 20, 2012
            I have 3-4 sets, all of which look as you described (11 x 17 heavy paper).

            --
            Thanks!

            Patrick Panzera
            Editor@...
            www.ContactMagazine.com
            Patrick@...
            www.Construction-Designs.com

          • texasquadj
            Message 5 of 27 , Dec 20, 2012
              The construction manuals I have are also on 11x17" paper and there are about 11 or 12 24x36" blueprints. When I looked at the photos on eBay I noticed these were Slipstream, not Viking plans. I seem to remember that Slipstream did assemble the plans in a binder format, but I am not sure I ever saw a set. When I read there were MK-I to MK-III conversion instructions that seemed to go along with what I also heard about the Slipstream plans. I have seen the Slipstream MK-III instructions and they were not very detailed as I recall.

              I do have one construction manual that is in a standard binder, the pages are just folded in half.

              Jeff

              Message 6 of 27 , Dec 20, 2012
                Your right Jeff, these may be what came from Slipstream. If that is the case I stand corrected. They may not be viking orignals but are also "legit" from Slipstream. Did Dart ever sell any? I guess there could be three sources.

                I was low on coffee at the time.

                --- In Dragonflylist@yahoogroups.com, "texasquadj" <jeffrey.letempt@...> wrote:

                > The construction manuals I have are also on 11x17" paper and there are about 11 or 12 24x36" blueprints. When I looked at the photos on eBay I noticed these were Slipstream, not Viking plans. I seem to remember that Slipstream did assemble the plans in a binder format, but I am not sure I ever saw a set. When I read there were MK-I to MK-III conversion instructions that seemed to go along with what I also heard about the Slipstream plans. I have seen the Slipstream MK-III instructions and they were not very detailed as I recall.
                >
                > I do have one construction manual that is in a standard binder, the pages are just folded in half.
                >
                > Jeff
                >

                > --- In Dragonflylist@yahoogroups.com, Patrick Panzera <editor@> wrote:
                > >
                > > I have 3-4 sets, all of which look as you described (11 x 17 heavy paper).
                > >

                > > On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 8:10 AM, dflybldr <tebhall@> wrote:
                > >
                > > > **
                > > >

                > > > Beware. These appear to be a copy of a set of Dragonfly plans. I may be
                > > > mistaken but they look like 8.5 x 11 format. Mine are 11 by 17 heavy paper
                > > > (yellow with age) and bound with large rings in punch holes. Mine is the
                > > > only set I have personally seen and mine was the first set sold on to
                > > > public. Viking may have changed the format but I just don't know.
                > > >
                > > > I guess it doesn't matter as there is none to register them with, but I am
                > > > concerned that they will not have all the full size templates you need to
                > > > hot wire cores and such.
                > > >
                > > > They might be nice to have for reference in the shop but might not be
                > > > original full set.

                > > > http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dragonfly-Construction-Manual-and-Drawings-/290833038265?pt=Motors_Aviation_Parts_Gear&hash=item43b6fffbb9&vxp=mtr

                > > --
                > > Thanks!
                > >
                > > Patrick Panzera
                > > Editor@
                > > www.ContactMagazine.com
                > > Patrick@
                > > www.Construction-Designs.com

              • darin_mclean
                Message 7 of 27 , Aug 7, 2015

                  Is there a website where I can get information/pricing on plans for the Dragonfly?

                  I am an interested builder.

                • Charlie
                  Message 8 of 27 , Aug 7, 2015
                    Hi,

                    In a word no, the company is non functional, off shore and no one knows what is going on.

                    Where are you located? I have a set of plans attached to a project. I am considering parting company with.

                    Regards,

                    Charlie Johnson
                    Ogden, Utah

                    Sent from my iPad