Re: [Dragonflylist] Re: Dragonfly Project for Sale with 1835 VW Engine

  • Ralh Osborn
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 1, 2010
      I am the very lucky buyer of Paul's project.
      Looking at Pauls project I can only say that the highest level of craftmanship went into the plane. It truly is second to none. As a youngster I built surfboards and even had a good reputation for it, and I was totally amazed how good Pauls work was. No air bubbles, even flow, and no dry areas. I feel like I made the luckiest find of my life! It was so much more than I expected! One of my co- workers who paints custom cars is chomping at the bit to help me finish sand and paint it. I took him flying once after work and I think he will become an airplane addict soon enough. I can well remember the first time that I picked up a copy from a stack of Kit plane Magazine that I found in the bathroom on an offshore crew boat (laying next to stack of p@rn magazines and was totally amazed at looking at the homebuilt designs that evolved in that era. The whole idea of building your own plane was , well, unbelievable. A fee years later I ran across an offshore
      boat captain who was known for bringing wing projects out to work with him and laying out wings all over the boat and taking them home and he and his wife would finish out the plane together . I know understand these kind of people. It is an addiction. I hope there is no cure. Anybody can go out and buy a cessna, but an expirimental is a whole different kind of obsession. Hello every body, my name is Ralph.
      Sent from my iPhone

      On Dec 31, 2009, at 9:12 PM, Paul Zimmermann <paul-zimmermann@...> wrote:

      I sold the Dragonfly today!
      Regards,
      Paul & Dorothy Zimmermann

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 1, 2010
        Ralph, if you typed that long message from your iPhone, you definitely have what it takes to finish a Dragonfly! LOL.

        Dave Morris

        > I have a Dragonfly Mark 2, that is about 85% complete that I would like to sell. Fuselage complete, wing and canard 99% complete. Need to hook up the ailerons, elevator, rudder, hang the engine, install instrument, and finish & paint. I have installed a Belly Board / Speed break for landing, motor driven, three sticks Pilot left side, Center, & Passenger right side, and Mark 2 Bow Gear.
        > I have a 1835 VW, Engine mounts and exhaust for the engine.
        >
        > $1000 for all!
        >
        > I read someone was interested in a Mark II bow gear and a canopy, If I don't sell it soon I would be willing to part it out!
        >
        > Regards,
        > Paul & Dorothy Zimmermann
        > 'IN GOD WE TRUST'

      • Victor
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 1, 2010
          What part of the country are you in
          Ralph? Anywhere near the Gulf Coast? I am a boat captain in the oil
          field.
          Victor
          Sent from my iPhone

        • ralph osborn
          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 1, 2010
            Victor, I work the port of houston, and i spent several years working crew boats in the gulf. mostly for McCall

            On Jan 1, 2010, at 9:42 AM, Ralh Osborn <rosbornrosborn@ yahoo.com>
            wrote:

            > I am the very lucky buyer of Paul's project.
            > Looking at Pauls project I can only say that the highest level of
            > craftmanship went into the plane. It truly is second to none. As a
            > youngster I built surfboards and even had a good reputation for it,
            > and I was totally amazed how good Pauls work was. No air bubbles,
            > even flow, and no dry areas. I feel like I made the luckiest find of
            > my life! It was so much more than I expected! One of my co- workers
            > who paints custom cars is chomping at the bit to help me finish sand
            > and paint it. I took him flying once after work and I think he will
            > become an airplane addict soon enough. I can well remember the first
            > time that I picked up a copy from a stack of Kit plane Magazine that
            > I found in the bathroom on an offshore crew boat (laying next to
            > stack of p@rn magazines and was totally amazed at looking at the
            > homebuilt designs that evolved in that era. The whole idea of
            > building your own plane was , well, unbelievable. A fee years later
            > I ran across an offshore
            > boat captain who was known for bringing wing projects out to work
            > with him and laying out wings all over the boat and taking them home
            > and he and his wife would finish out the plane together . I know
            > understand these kind of people. It is an addiction. I hope there is
            > no cure. Anybody can go out and buy a cessna, but an expirimental is
            > a whole different kind of obsession. Hello every body, my name is
            > Ralph.
            > Sent from my iPhone
            >
            > On Dec 31, 2009, at 9:12 PM, Paul Zimmermann <paul-zimmermann@ sbcglobal. net
            > > wrote:
            >
            > I sold the Dragonfly today!
            > Regards,
            > Paul & Dorothy Zimmermann
            >
            > ____________ _________ _________ __

          • Victor
            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 1, 2010
              Ralph I am good friends with Billy, Joe and Norman. I started a Hummelbird on one of the crewboats. Please try to make it to the canard fly-in at Pascagoula Mississippi on Feb 27th. Bring pics of your project and bum a ride. We have 3 commitments from Dragonflys that will be flying in.
              Victor Taylor
              251-377-5216

              Sent from my iPhone

              wrote:

              > I am the very lucky buyer of Paul's project.
              > Looking at Pauls project I can only say that the highest level of
              > craftmanship went into the plane. It truly is second to none. As a
              > youngster I built surfboards and even had a good reputation for it,
              > and I was totally amazed how good Pauls work was. No air bubbles,
              > even flow, and no dry areas. I feel like I made the luckiest find of
              > my life! It was so much more than I expected! One of my co- workers
              > who paints custom cars is chomping at the bit to help me finish sand
              > and paint it. I took him flying once after work and I think he will
              > become an airplane addict soon enough. I can well remember the first
              > time that I picked up a copy from a stack of Kit plane Magazine that
              > I found in the bathroom on an offshore crew boat (laying next to
              > stack of p@rn magazines and was totally amazed at looking at the
              > homebuilt designs that evolved in that era. The whole idea of
              > building your own plane was , well, unbelievable. A fee years later
              > I ran across an offshore
              > boat captain who was known for bringing wing projects out to work
              > with him and laying out wings all over the boat and taking them home
              > and he and his wife would finish out the plane together . I know
              > understand these kind of people. It is an addiction. I hope there is
              > no cure. Anybody can go out and buy a cessna, but an expirimental is
              > a whole different kind of obsession. Hello every body, my name is
              > Ralph.
              > Sent from my iPhone
              >
              > On Dec 31, 2009, at 9:12 PM, Paul Zimmermann <paul-zimmermann@ sbcglobal. net
              > > wrote:
              >
              > I sold the Dragonfly today!
              > Regards,
              > Paul & Dorothy Zimmermann
              >
              > ____________ _________ _________ __

            • ralph osborn
              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 1, 2010
                Victor, did your wife go out and work with you, Chevron feild off the Mississippi, pretty little blonde about 5'2"? that was back in 94

                wrote:

                > I am the very lucky buyer of Paul's project.
                > Looking at Pauls project I can only say that the highest level of
                > craftmanship went into the plane. It truly is second to none. As a
                > youngster I built surfboards and even had a good reputation for it,
                > and I was totally amazed how good Pauls work was. No air bubbles,
                > even flow, and no dry areas. I feel like I made the luckiest find of
                > my life! It was so much more than I expected! One of my co- workers
                > who paints custom cars is chomping at the bit to help me finish sand
                > and paint it. I took him flying once after work and I think he will
                > become an airplane addict soon enough. I can well remember the first
                > time that I picked up a copy from a stack of Kit plane Magazine that
                > I found in the bathroom on an offshore crew boat (laying next to
                > stack of p@rn magazines and was totally amazed at looking at the
                > homebuilt designs that evolved in that era. The whole idea of
                > building your own plane was , well, unbelievable. A fee years later
                > I ran across an offshore
                > boat captain who was known for bringing wing projects out to work
                > with him and laying out wings all over the boat and taking them home
                > and he and his wife would finish out the plane together . I know
                > understand these kind of people. It is an addiction. I hope there is
                > no cure. Anybody can go out and buy a cessna, but an expirimental is
                > a whole different kind of obsession. Hello every body, my name is
                > Ralph.
                > Sent from my iPhone
                >
                > On Dec 31, 2009, at 9:12 PM, Paul Zimmermann <paul-zimmermann@ sbcglobal. net
                > > wrote:
                >
                > I sold the Dragonfly today!
                > Regards,
                > Paul & Dorothy Zimmermann
                >
                > ____________ _________ _________ __

              • victor taylor
                Message 7 of 16 , Jan 1, 2010
                  This is one or the pictures. I have many but the net is slow at the moment.

                  Message 8 of 16 , Jan 1, 2010
                    Here is a canard calander for your desktop.

                    wrote:

                    > I am the very lucky buyer of Paul's project.
                    > Looking at Pauls project I can only say that the highest level of
                    > craftmanship went into the plane. It truly is second to none. As a
                    > youngster I built surfboards and even had a good reputation for it,
                    > and I was totally amazed how good Pauls work was. No air bubbles,
                    > even flow, and no dry areas. I feel like I made the luckiest find of
                    > my life! It was so much more than I expected! One of my co- workers
                    > who paints custom cars is chomping at the bit to help me finish sand
                    > and paint it. I took him flying once after work and I think he will
                    > become an airplane addict soon enough. I can well remember the first
                    > time that I picked up a copy from a stack of Kit plane Magazine that
                    > I found in the bathroom on an offshore crew boat (laying next to
                    > stack of p@rn magazines and was totally amazed at looking at the
                    > homebuilt designs that evolved in that era. The whole idea of
                    > building your own plane was , well, unbelievable. A fee years later
                    > I ran across an offshore
                    > boat captain who was known for bringing wing projects out to work
                    > with him and laying out wings all over the boat and taking them home
                    > and he and his wife would finish out the plane together . I know
                    > understand these kind of people. It is an addiction. I hope there is
                    > no cure. Anybody can go out and buy a cessna, but an expirimental is
                    > a whole different kind of obsession. Hello every body, my name is
                    > Ralph.
                    > Sent from my iPhone
                    >
                    > On Dec 31, 2009, at 9:12 PM, Paul Zimmermann <paul-zimmermann@ sbcglobal. net
                    > > wrote:
                    >
                    > I sold the Dragonfly today!
                    > Regards,
                    > Paul & Dorothy Zimmermann
                    >
                    > ____________ _________ _________ __

                  • Barry Larsen Sr.
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jan 1, 2010
                      Hey Ralph,
                      I have a Dragonfly project and live south of Houston in Dickinson. My project is about at the same stage as yours. Where are you located. ... Barry

                      > I have a Dragonfly Mark 2, that is about 85% complete that I would like to sell. Fuselage complete, wing and canard 99% complete. Need to hook up the ailerons, elevator, rudder, hang the engine, install instrument, and finish & paint. I have installed a Belly Board / Speed break for landing, motor driven, three sticks Pilot left side, Center, & Passenger right side, and Mark 2 Bow Gear.
                      > I have a 1835 VW, Engine mounts and exhaust for the engine.
                      >
                      > $1000 for all!
                      >
                      > I read someone was interested in a Mark II bow gear and a canopy, If I don't sell it soon I would be willing to part it out!
                      >
                      > Regards,
                      > Paul & Dorothy Zimmermann
                      > 'IN GOD WE TRUST'

                    • Ralh Osborn
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jan 1, 2010
                        Barry I live in Webster

                        Sent from my iPhone

                      • oneskydog@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 16 , Jan 1, 2010
                          Hey, you two get together and hurry and finish those two.

                          I hope mine flies in 2010

                          Regards,

                          One Sky Dog

                          In a message dated 1/1/2010 5:57:34 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
                          barry@... writes:

                          Hey Ralph,
                          I have a Dragonfly project and live south of Houston in Dickinson. My
                          project is about at the same stage as yours. Where are you located. ... Barry

                        • Ralh Osborn

                            > I have a Dragonfly Mark 2, that is about 85% complete that I would like to sell. Fuselage complete, wing and canard 99% complete. Need to hook up the ailerons, elevator, rudder, hang the engine, install instrument, and finish & paint. I have installed a Belly Board / Speed break for landing, motor driven, three sticks Pilot left side, Center, & Passenger right side, and Mark 2 Bow Gear.
                            > I have a 1835 VW, Engine mounts and exhaust for the engine.
                            >
                            > $1000 for all!
                            >
                            > I read someone was interested in a Mark II bow gear and a canopy, If I don't sell it soon I would be willing to part it out!
                            >
                            > Regards,
                            > Paul & Dorothy Zimmermann
                            > 'IN GOD WE TRUST'

                          • Barry Larsen Sr.
                            Message 13 of 16 , Jan 2, 2010
                              Ralph,
                              Bought it in July before Ike. Wanted to put it together at Volk or Galveston. But Ike ruined both places. Currently my project is in my garage untouched. I did take my Private test in a Citabria at Texas Tail Draggers on July 3rd. I need to find a place. Tried to call you but got a recording. My # is 281..910..0061.