Livermore Fly-in

  • Sam Kittle
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 3 12:11 AM
      Hello Fellow Builder/Pilots,

      Our Livermore Fly-in is just 6 weeks away, and your two co-hosts are
      putting the finishing touches on the event. Be sure to let Sam know
      of your plans to attend, so we can get an accurate number for our
      Saturday evening chicken barbecue, which you will not want to miss!
      Even if you will be driving in, we'd very much enjoy having you spend
      the time with us. Which reminds me, for those of you flying in, we
      haven't had confirmation of any Tri-Q's attending yet, which leads me
      to think of our flying buddies to the North, Rene, we need your new
      Tri-Q! And Dr. Steve and Brad B., are we going to see you all down here
      too? Let's see all those nice planes from Abbotsford!

      Some great news, i guess my magnetic personality has worked its charm
      once again, lol, as i was able to negotiate a great hotel deal for
      those who will be needing accommodations while attending the fly-in.
      We now have a "Fly-in" Special of $66 per night at the Extended Stay
      America hotel, in Livermore, an easy walk from the airport, south of
      the freeway. You can call direct to make your reservations and hold
      your room with a credit card at 925-373-1700. When you call, mention
      the "Fly-in Special" and if the receptionist can't seem to find that,
      ask to speak with "Orlando", one of the managers there, who helped
      negotiate the special rate. Several of you have stayed at the Extended
      Stay before, and rooms come complete with a fridge, and a small stove,
      as well as Wi-fi connections. You should be very comfortable there,
      and although breakfast is not included in the price, there are several
      restaurants just a stone's throw from the airport, including a Carl's
      Junior and a Starbucks for those who need your morning caffeine.

      Six weeks away, and counting! We hope to see many of you there; be
      sure to let Sam Kittle know how many in your party will be attending,
      at: skittle@...
      Also, be sure to visit the Fly-in's new website at:
      www.trinitylyricopera.org/livermore.flyin You will find arrival
      information, and all you'll need to attend. The Fly-in is free, but
      donations to help offset expenses will be gratefully received.... many
      thanks! See you all soon!

      All the best,

      Alan and Sam
    • Sam Kittle
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 7, 2009
        _____

        Subject: RE: Livermore Fly-in

        Dear Fellow Dragonfly Builders and Flyers,

        Two weeks and counting, for the annual Livermore Tandem Wing Fly-in, and
        your two co-hosts are counting on a great turnout of Dragonflies. In
        previous years, you all have been well represented, but this year there will
        be an extra bonus for those attending: Gary Hertzler,
        internationally-recognized expert on drag reduction, will be going over our
        airplanes to identify areas that contribute the most to drag, and will
        suggest ways to make improvements, thereby giving us more efficiency, and
        more speed. He is also bringing along a Powerpoint presentation on drag in
        general, based on his forum at Oshkosh, but tailored to our specific kind of
        aircraft.

        Gary wanted me to ask our Dragonfly builders and flyers if anyone might have
        photos of teft testing or oil testing on their airplanes, to see to what
        extent the same draggy areas exist on Dragonflies, compared to Quickies.
        If any of you might have pictures of tuft testing in the fuselage/canard
        junction area, outer and upper wheelpants and the vertical fin area, please
        send those along to me, and i'll get them to Gary before the Fly-in. He
        wanted to study the evidence in order to speak knowlegeably about both types
        of airplanes, Quickies and Dragonflies. Thank you so much! Even if you are
        not able to attend, and if you might have some pictures you could share, we
        would greatly appreciate it!

        Check the Fly-in website for arrival information, and be sure to make your
        reservations at the Extended Stay America to get the Fly-in discount of $66
        per night. The website is:
        www.trinitylyricopera.org/livermore.flyin
        If you are planning on attending the Fly-in, please let Sam Kittle know, at:
        skittle@... We would like to make sure we will have an accurate
        head count for the Saturday evening barbecue.

        We hope to see many of you in two weeks! It will be here in no time at all.

        Best regards,

        Alan Thayer and Sam Kittle, Co-hosts

      • Sam Kittle
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 11, 2010
          Alan Thayer and Sam Kittle want to be sure to let you all know that plans
          are moving along exceedingly well for our West Coast Tandem-wing Fly-in,
          scheduled for Aug. 27 - 29, in Livermore, California. Now is the time to
          start making plans for this event which will surely be remembered as an
          outstanding time for both Q type and Dragonfly builder/pilots and anyone
          interested in Tandem-wing aircraft. The web-site for the fly-in is at:
          http://www.trinitylyricopera.org/livermore.flyin/ we will be posting new
          information as we get things finalized.

          Sam

        • Pat Panzera
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 8, 2011
            Scroll down a little bit till you see the image of the car.

            http://www.eaa.org/ehotline/issues/110909.html

            This is a prelude to my article on the Livermore gathering.
            It should appear in next week's issue.

            Pat
          • Sam Kittle
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 20, 2012
              The Livermore Fly-in is starts this Friday. Be sure to let either Alan, or
              Sam know you'll be coming, so we can make sure to have enough food for our
              Saturday evening dinner. The event is free, with donations gratefully
              received to help off-set expenses. For hotel information, the full weekend
              schedule, airport arrival information and more, check out our event website
              at:
              www.trinitylyricopera.org/livermore.flyin

              Alan: 510-427-3432
              Sam: 209-559-0903