Q2

  • drhargin
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2009
      Can a Q2, Quickie, TriQ fit into a 24' Budget rental truck that has an internal width of 7' 5" and a height of 7' 5"? Does anyone have a source or supply of exhaust valves for a Type IV VW? 40mm face, 8 mm stem.
      Thanks
    • Joseph M Snow
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2009
        I think it will be a close, but no joy. If the aircraft comes apart at the fuselage split line, you would still have to remove everything from the firewall. The firewall is FS14 and the split line is about FS97. 97 minus 14 is 83 inches; divided by 12 = 6' 11". Don't forget that the truck entrance opening is about four inches on either side. Also the top of the door will be short of the roof interior by several inches. Maybe you could tilt the fuselage to fit through the door opening diagionally and brace it to ride that way inside. But, I am pessimistic. Here is a link to my trailer page: www.corvairq.info/Trailer.html

        Joseph Snow
        Q2xx, N240JS
        www.corvairq.info
        Euclid, Ohio