RE: [Dragonflylist] Re:EAA's Experimenter, it's FREE!!

  • Joe Vanderslice
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2009
      From a new avenue! Let's look at utilizing one of the larger and/ or higher
      revving motorcycle engines. Several of the off road two cycle engines are
      designed for extended time at higher RPM's; and isn't that what we are
      looking for in a cheap power plant for the homebuilt. I have been looking
      for a few years at both the two cycle air cooled engines or even a four
      cycle water cooled engine that could be adapted for service. Secondarily is
      the use of transmit ions that could up the RPM into the ranges needed for
      props or ducted fan units. The use of a ducted fan should be much more
      efficient than a standard prop and allow the use of less powerful engines;
      as long as you are not into the high G force arena.

      Vanderslice-j@...