Lycoming to offer 100hp engine

  • Dave Morris
    Message 1 of 20 , Aug 1, 2008
      LYCOMING TO OFFER LSA ENGINE
      Lycoming is entering the light sport aircraft (LSA) arena. At Oshkosh the
      company unveiled a new fuel-injected engine, derived from a model well known
      to general aviation. Dubbed the IO-233-LSA, the four-cylinder engine
      produces 100 hp at 2,400 rpm and has a 2,400-hour TBO. The engine is rooted
      in the familiar 235-model line, but the company took several steps to save
      weight with lighter parts. The engine has a dry weight of 200 to 210 pounds
      and burns 5.25 gph at 75 percent power. It comes standard with dual
      electronic spark ignition, throttle body fuel injection, and a lightweight
      starter and alternator. It can run on ethanol-free unleaded fuel. Lycoming
      expects to bring the engine to market next year under the ASTM (American
      Society of Testing and Materials) standards that govern the LSA industry. It
      did not announce a firm price.
    • Dennis
      Message 2 of 20 , Oct 3, 2008
        Hello
        looking for dragonfly plans, would like to build the mk3 but mkII would work as well.
        Dennis

      • Letempt, Jeffrey A CIV USA
        Message 3 of 20 , Oct 4, 2008
          I am currently talking with Dart trying to work out a deal so that I can offer the plans for sale in the US. Probably will not happen overnight.....

          Jeff

          Sent from BlackBerry device.

          Jeffrey A. LeTempt
          Aviation Center Logistics Command (ACLC)
          Aviation Safety Officer
          1116 Dilly Branch Road
          Fort Rucker, AL 36362
          Phone (334) 255-3671 (DSN 558)
          Fax (334) 255-3112
          Email jeffrey.letempt@...

          ________________________________

          looking for dragonfly plans, would like to build the mk3 but mkII would work as well.
          Dennis

        • Bradley Knupp
          Message 4 of 20 , Oct 4, 2008
            That is a positive move
            Mark me down for the Mark 3 conversion
            Brad
            JUst licensed my DRagonfly------N644DF
            Thanks

            Email jeffrey.letempt@ us.army.mil

            ____________ _________ _________ __

            looking for dragonfly plans, would like to build the mk3 but mkII would work as well.
            Dennis

          • keithfowler3
            Message 5 of 20 , Oct 27, 2008
              hello
              There must by some way to get a hold of a set of plans so i can build
              and fly my own dragonfly i don't care if they are second hand as there
              is nothing to have in Australia. new would be good but second hand
              will do i have even looked at a quickie but it is not a build up fuse
              so can any one help me out there thank??
            • Letempt, Jeffrey A CIV USA
              Message 6 of 20 , Oct 27, 2008
                I have sent an email to the current owner of the Dragonfly rights in SA
                asking them if they can help you out. Of course, if a set of plans are
                available (I suspect they will be able to help you out), they will want
                the normal price plus shipping.

                Jeff

                Message 7 of 20 , Oct 27, 2008
                  You should be getting an email shortly about the plans from the owner in
                  SA, he replied to my email and told me he would be contacting you.

                  Jeff

                  Message 8 of 20 , Oct 27, 2008
                    --- In Dragonflylist@yahoogroups.com, "keithfowler3"
                    <keithfowler2@...> wrote:

                    > hello
                    > There must by some way to get a hold of a set of plans so i can build
                    > and fly my own dragonfly i don't care if they are second hand as there
                    > is nothing to have in Australia. new would be good but second hand
                    > will do i have even looked at a quickie but it is not a build up fuse
                    > so can any one help me out there thank??

                    Hi Keith, I have a set of new plans that I could sell since I've
                    decided not to build the DF. You can email me at my personal email
                    address: n772pw@... for price. Thanks, Martin
                  • Sonny Claytor
                    Message 9 of 20 , Dec 5, 2014
                      I seam to not getting thru I have a set of plans that not beeb used to build a plane sonnyclaytor@...
                    • Steve Madsen
                      Message 10 of 20 , Dec 5, 2014
                        So  a new set of plans can be sold. the royalties have already been paid. you cannot copy those and sell 20 sets of those plans and make a profit on them. If you want to buy set you want to buy a set of new unused old stock plans. Or get a set from any source as a gift and then create your own pertinent data for the data plate.

                        Sent from my iPad

                        On Dec 5, 2014, at 8:35 PM, "Sonny Claytor sonnyclaytor@... [Dragonflylist]" <Dragonflylist@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                        I seam to not getting thru I have a set of plans that not beeb used to build a plane sonnyclaytor@...

                      • Chris Howlett
                        Message 11 of 20 , Dec 8, 2014
                          you can sell the plans IF they have NOT BEEN USED to build an aircraft

                          On Friday, December 5, 2014 9:36 PM, "Sonny Claytor sonnyclaytor@... [Dragonflylist]" <Dragonflylist@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                          I seam to not getting thru I have a set of plans that not beeb used to build a plane sonnyclaytor@...

                        • Terry Adams
                          Message 12 of 20 , Dec 8, 2014

                            Legally, you may sell your plans anytime you want, used or unused.  Such as when you sell your plane the plans should be included (sold with the plane).
                            Copyright law restricts copying the plans and selling them, nothing more.
                            A legal agreement that one may have signed with Dart/Slipstream/Hapi....etc may have restricted the plans holder to building one airplane from a given serial number of a plan set.

                            Terry