Insurance

  • a.p_mech
    Message 1 of 20 , Apr 2 8:28 PM
      Having a problem finding insurance because I'm not a tailwheel pilot
      does anybody know where to look or if I can convert a Mark 1 or 2 to a
      3 and where to get the parts and diagrams needed.Unable to get any
      info out of Dart industries.Thanks Richard
    • RICK DYER
      Message 2 of 20 , Apr 3 4:46 AM
        Richard,

        AVemco offered insurance once I submitted a training schedule to gain
        tailwheel proficiency. They accepted 8 hours in a Citabria, 3 in an L19 and
        6 hours in a DF Mark1 and it was all fun. It was not tail wheel but I also
        threw in three hours in a supercub on floats. It was expensive for the
        first year of insurance (and double the quote I got when I bought the plane
        5 years earlier) however after the second year with 60 hours in type the
        cost was halved by Sky Smith Insurance. I was not able to afford hull
        coverage, but it got the bird in the air. Try Scott at Sky Smith 800 743
        1439 and hopefully he can help you out without the stop over at Avemco.

        Rick Dyer
        N58WH

        _____

        Having a problem finding insurance because I'm not a tailwheel pilot
        does anybody know where to look or if I can convert a Mark 1 or 2 to a
        3 and where to get the parts and diagrams needed.Unable to get any
        info out of Dart industries.Thanks Richard

        _____

        <http://promos.hotbar.com/promos/promodll.dll?RunPromo&El=&SG=&RAND=96925&pa
        rtner=spamblockerutility> Upgrade Your Email - Click here!

      • Jim Patillo
        Message 3 of 20 , Apr 3 10:42 PM
          I pulled the 2007 Avemco Policy for my Q200 today for review. I chose
          to have no hull insurance but do have Bodily Injury at $100,000 for
          Pilot and $100,000 for Passenger (grandfathered),$1,000,000 Property
          Damage and $1,000,000 for Each Accident including Medical Expenses
          for each person (information taken directly off the policy). The
          premimum for this policy is $495.00 per year with several ratings
          including instrument and tail wheel endorsement. Seems like a good
          deal to me.

          Jim Patillo N46JP Q200

          --- In Dragonflylist@yahoogroups.com, Pat Panzera <panzera@...> wrote:

          > I called AVEMCO today, minimal liability (PL PD and some medical)
          and
          > in-flight hull insurance at a value of $12K, $1852! per year.
          Remove the
          > in-flight part of the hull insurance and it goes to $733. Get
          another 30-40
          > hours (preferably time in type) puts me into the next "group" and
          it goes
          > down 10%. IFR rating, Commercial rating and TAIL DRAGGER
          ENDORSEMENT do
          > nothing for rates... and this is with the EAA discount.
          >
          > A 5-10 hour check out by another DF pilot prior to solo flight does
          nothing
          > for the rates as well. Reducing hull insurance to $6K don't reduce
          the
          > rates by very much, and the company won't "under insure" anyway.
          >
          > What other companies are worth looking in to?
          >
          > Thanks!
          >
          > Pat

        • Patrick Panzera
          Message 4 of 20 , Dec 13, 2014

            What are people paying to insure a Dragonfly?

            Thanks!

            Pat

          • Thomas Hall
            Message 5 of 20 , Dec 14, 2014
              $750 annual liability only $1M

              On Saturday, December 13, 2014, Patrick Panzera editor@... [Dragonflylist] <Dragonflylist@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

              What are people paying to insure a Dragonfly?

              Thanks!

              Pat

            • Randy Lewis
              Message 6 of 20 , Dec 14, 2014