Corvair Engine Mount

  • Josh Seifert
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2 9:47 AM
      Howdy Group,

      I have been doing some modeling and testing of an corvair engine mount in
      solidworks. I have basically based it off of pictures of other mounts that
      I have seen for a corvair/dragonfly setup. I wanted to see if anyone had
      some diminsions of a corvair mount that they used or designed (or better
      yet, a solidworks or cad model). That would make me more comfortable with
      my diminsions.

      On a side note, chapter 5 is a bitch of a chapter....getting pretty close to
      finally glassing the fuselage though!!

      Thanks,

      Josh Seifert
      Texas

    • oneskydog@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 2 8:18 PM
        In a message dated 3/2/2007 2:33:30 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
        jseifert@... writes:

        Howdy Group,

        I have been doing some modeling and testing of an corvair engine mount in
        solidworks. I have basically based it off of pictures of other mounts that
        I have seen for a corvair/dragonfly setup. I wanted to see if anyone had
        some diminsions of a corvair mount that they used or designed (or better
        yet, a solidworks or cad model). That would make me more comfortable with
        my diminsions.

        On a side note, chapter 5 is a bitch of a chapter....getting pretty close to
        finally glassing the fuselage though!!

        Thanks,

        Josh Seifert
        Texas

        Josh,

        What version of Soildworks are you using?

        Regards,

        One Sky Dog
        http://www.aol.com

      • Josh Seifert