Re: VG Template

  • Justin Mace
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2007
      --- In Dragonflylist@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Moehlenkamp" <bobmoeh@...>
      wrote:

      > Here's a site on VG's that I thought was interesting. I especially
      > liked his Template.
      >
      > http://www.stolspeed.com/content.php?id=27
      >
      > Bob MO

      Great find Bob, The template is OK but I really liked the adhesive!
      Just don't forget that it is 50% not 9% cord. The rounded edges will
      be a lot easier on the wash sponge than the sharp CCIs. They are just
      a little hard to wash around but really worth the trouble when flying
      in the rain or seriously bugged up.. I used to be anal about flying
      with bugs on the wing but with the VGs I don't even think about
      cleaning the bugs off before flying. ;-)

      Justin
    • oneskydog@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2007

        _http://www.stolspeehttp://www.stohttp://ww_
        (http://www.stolspeed.com/content.php?id=27)

        Bob MO

        Hi Bob,

        New VG guy? I never heard of Feathers. The product looks cool and the
        template approach looks to be simple and effective.

        The placement on % chord is strictly for STOL aircraft. I found that 50%
        chord on the Dragonfly solved the rain issue and did not slow me down on top
        speed.

        Regards,

        Charlie aka One Grounded Plane Dog

      • Paul S
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 14, 2010
          I have uploaded a couple of files in the files section, VG Template-cad and VG template-JPG. The jpg file WILL NOT print the proper size but was included so that those without a cad program can view the template.

          Remember the pairs should be 4" on center.

          Paul
        • Miguel Chabolla
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 14, 2010
            Paul
            Thanks so much for your input. I will view the files

            Miguel