Fly-in

  • Greg Bruns
    Message 1 of 25 , Dec 3, 2006
      My airport 34A in Laurens, SC would love to have us for a Fly-in!

      We have a 3900' runway, 8-26, that hardly ever has any crosswind. It is
      uncontrolled & super friendly. We have all the camping area we want as well.

      I will set everything up if this sounds like a good idea. I have never
      hosted a Fly-in and would welcome any help or suggestions.

      I guess the obvious question is when. I would like to have it in March if it
      is not too cold for others. April is Sun-n-Fun so I think that month is out.
      May is good too. June through October is wide open as well.

      Greg Bruns

      N43TD

    • Letempt, Jeffrey MR
      Message 2 of 25 , Dec 4, 2006
        Greg,

        I have been hearing TW people say for years that they would like to see a TW
        fly-in some where on the east coast. There are several Dragonfly's and Q's
        that are within a few hundred miles of your airport. I know there are 2
        Tri-Q200's just about 75 miles up the road from you in Ashville, NC. Count
        me in for helping with organizing and promoting the fly-in.

        Jeff

        _____

        Message 3 of 25 , Dec 4, 2006
          Hello how are you? I'm new in the list and thanks you for letting me be a part of this group.I'm looking to buy a dragonfly in final stages. I'm located in south Florida..
          any information will be grateful.

          thanks
          Carlos noto
          a&p
          privet pilot

        • Panzera
          Message 4 of 25 , Dec 4, 2006
            Hi Carlos,

            Welcome to the group.

            What do you consider "the final stages"?

            Pat

            > Hello how are you? I'm new in the list and thanks you for
            > letting me be a part of this group.I'm looking to buy a
            > dragonfly in final stages. I'm located in south Florida..
            > any information will be grateful.
            >
            > thanks
            > Carlos noto
            > a&p
            > privet pilot
          • T F
            Message 5 of 25 , Dec 5, 2006
              Carlos,
              I may have just what you are looking for. E-mail
              me at widget223@... I will send the details.

              Tom

              --- carlos noto <carlosjosenoto@...> wrote:

              > Hello how are you? I'm new in the list and thanks
              > you for letting me be a part of this group.I'm
              > looking to buy a dragonfly in final stages. I'm
              > located in south Florida..
              > any information will be grateful.
              >
              > thanks
              > Carlos noto
              > a&p
              > privet pilot

              > removed]

            • Bob Moehlenkamp
              Message 6 of 25 , Dec 10, 2006
                There's a Dragonfly project listed on Ebay in Naples, FL.

                --- In Dragonflylist@yahoogroups.com, carlos noto
                <carlosjosenoto@...> wrote:

                > Hello how are you? I'm new in the list and thanks you for letting
                me be a part of this group.I'm looking to buy a dragonfly in final
                stages. I'm located in south Florida..
                > any information will be grateful.
                >
                > thanks
                > Carlos noto
                > a&p
                > privet pilot

              • carlos noto
                Message 7 of 25 , Dec 11, 2006
                  hello how are everyone. I was kind Of curious about the price of a full flying DF. anyone know about of a flying DF for sale. I will like to compare prices and see if it's is worth buying a flying DF.

                  ones again, thanks everyone for your help.

                  Carlos noto

                • Darrell
                  Message 8 of 25 , Jun 2, 2008
                    Our annual fly-in at Tompkinsville, Ky (TZV) is this
                    Saturday...June 7th
                    A wide variety of planes...I'm the only Dragonfly...
                    Antique cars, r/c planes, live music, aerobatic demonstrations
                    Pancake breakfast
                    BBQ fixed like nowhere else that I've found...this alone is worth the
                    trip.
                    Put TZV in your GPS and come join us Saturday!!
                    Darrell
                    MK1 N115DP
                  • Charles Howe

                      Message 10 of 25 , Mar 25, 2009
                      • Letempt, Jeffrey A CIV USA
                        Message 11 of 25 , Feb 27, 2010
                          Unfortunately I will not be able to attend the fly-in today. My hangar is being delivered on Tuesday and I am still not ready for it. The weather has been so bad here this winter, the concrete pad has not been poured yet (it has been formed for a couple weeks). I flew last weekend to make sue everything was good to go for the fly-in today...oh well, maybe next year.

                          Jeff

                          ________________________________

                          Message 12 of 25 , Feb 27, 2010
                            Jeffrey, there was a great time had by all at the fly in. And a lot of people that wish you would have been able to fly in. A lot of Velocities, one DFly and one Q-3. Craig from South Carolina took me up for a beatiful flight down the coast and that made the drive well worth it. It's still going on with shrimp being served at 6. For a first year fly in and considering how bad the weather was yesterday, it really was a success. Hope to see you at the next one.

                            Sent from my iPhone

                            Message 13 of 25 , Feb 27, 2010
                              Glad to hear you had a good time. The WX here in Lower AL kind of stunk today with light rain until probably 1300'ish. Who flew their DF in?

                              Jeff

                              Message 14 of 25 , Feb 27, 2010
                                Craig, he Is a mechanical engineer from S Carolina. Barry Larsen and I learned a lot from him today.

                                Sent from my iPhone