Jean NV

  • Vern Lehman
    Message 1 of 3 , May 3 5:45 PM
      How many actually made it to the field? I missed Saturday due to a
      family re-call for health reasons. Kinda made my logisitics go out
      the window. It happens..

      Anyway..there's still Emporia..if I'm still in Kansas then.

      Vern
      Q2/Dfly/Vair
    • Tim Iverson
      Message 2 of 3 , May 4 8:23 AM
        There were four Dragonflies (Jay & Charlie - Utah and Brad & me - Southern California). There were three Q-200s, a Tri-Q, two Cozys, a LongEZ and a Vari-eze. That was the glass side of it. We had a great time. Sorry we missed you.

        Tim

        Vern Lehman <smeshno1@...> wrote:
        How many actually made it to the field? I missed Saturday due to a
        family re-call for health reasons. Kinda made my logisitics go out
        the window. It happens..

        Anyway..there's still Emporia..if I'm still in Kansas then.

        Vern
        Q2/Dfly/Vair

        Aviation Msr dragonfly Dragonfly shirt Dragonfly decor Dragonfly pendant Dragonfly jewelry

        ---------------------------------

      • Vern Lehman
        Message 3 of 3 , May 4 11:39 AM
          I'm bummed that I didn't get to visit much either. We flew in on an
          MD-83 to McCarren and it was pretty dicey on Thursday afternoon.
          Lots of haze, turbulence, and not the kind of day that is conductive
          to VFR (Big mean rocks in the clouds). I'd say it was nearly if not
          already IFR by 3 PM.. a lot of Airline traffic in the area also..
          Here's a tidbit I picked up for future Mountian States gatherings.
          LAS is way overloaded in people per month...around 2 mill. There is
          a decision now coming to voters and the Senate/Congress members of
          Nevada about proceeding with one of two solutions. One is a new
          airport....guess where??.... 35 Miles SouthWest of LAS. That would
          make it about 10 or less from Jean. Next...the Nellis boys might be
          sent out of town. That would open not only McCarren but also Nellis
          (once again) to Commercial traffic. At one time Nellis was a
          Civilian airport for the town, then in WW2 it was appropriated by
          the Military. The Brass (and retired) have mixed messages about
          Nellis. One is they want to stay in Party Town..the other is the
          young airmen are trashing their bank accounts on the Strip..not good
          PR for bars and stripes attending Gamblers Anon..
          The County is looking at the fact that revenues are not going to
          drop by moving Nellis much, if any, when compared to the amounts of
          humankind that can be shoved through TWO large airports. There is
          also the security issues of Nellis' location. It has to be a
          logistical nightmare for the AP's to patrol and determine who is or
          is not the "bad guy" outside the fence.
          Lets all not forget that Mr. Atta and his co horts were in Vegas
          before 9/11 and I don't think they were intereted in checking out
          the Fremont Street light show or fleshpots, so that leaves one to
          wonder and maybe to worry, especially near a Military compound.
          So..this is a big deal and if I had to say which it will be I'd say
          that Nellis is not long on the books in Clark County anyway..
          I sure hope so because Jean is a very nice alternative to Henderson
          or Vegas North as far as staying out of the Heavy traffic, and it
          would be a total madhouse on I-15 getting to the city on the
          weekends if a new airport were built SW of LAS. Cross yer fingers
          Nellis goes.

          Drew or Jeff I will need a set of the templates to place my AOI
          correctly for my Mutt Q2/Dfly. Could you send off an address I can
          contact you at?

          Smeshno1@... is my mailbox location.

          Tim..thanks for the report and I also missed talking to the Cozy
          folks and other pickle fork designs since I owned plans set #43 from
          Nat Puffer back in 1983. It would be nice to know if Serial #43 is
          flying somewhere. If I had not chosen the Tandem I would have gone
          back to Cozy, probably a Mk3.

          Vern Lehman
          Carson, New Mexico (but stuck in Wichita...for now)

          --- In Dragonflylist@yahoogroups.com, Tim Iverson <dflypilot@...>
          wrote:

          > There were four Dragonflies (Jay & Charlie - Utah and Brad & me -
          Southern California). There were three Q-200s, a Tri-Q, two Cozys,
          a LongEZ and a Vari-eze. That was the glass side of it. We had a
          great time. Sorry we missed you.

          > Tim
          >

          > Vern Lehman <smeshno1@...> wrote:
          > How many actually made it to the field? I missed Saturday due to
          > family re-call for health reasons. Kinda made my logisitics go out
          > the window. It happens..
          >
          > Anyway..there's still Emporia..if I'm still in Kansas then.
          >
          > Vern
          > Q2/Dfly/Vair

          > Aviation Msr dragonfly Dragonfly shirt Dragonfly
          decor Dragonfly pendant Dragonfly jewelry

          Service.