Re: [Dragonflylist] Dragonfly Project For Sale

  • Ted Forringer
    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 1 4:54 AM
      I am in East Lansing working at MSU for the summer.

      > Congratulations Ted. Hope you check in from time to time. I enjoyed meeting
      > and talking with you at Sullivan last year. Where are you in Mich.
    • pat_staunton
      Message 2 of 18 , Feb 9, 2011
        I have uploaded a new photo album of the partially completed Dragonfly that I am selling. The ailerons, rudder, and elevators are included however I do not have photos of them. I am probably going to get a few emails in regards to shipping this project. I do not have any experience in shipping a large item such as this, so if anybody has any info on that please let me know. Thanks. Pat
      • Dave Morris
        Message 3 of 18 , Feb 9, 2011
          One data point: http://tinyurl.com/47rca66

          Dave Morris

          Message 4 of 18 , Feb 12, 2011
            Pat, beechboy Chris, John,

            As a note, IMHO it might be appropriate to include a few more details
            when trying to sell something. One point I always want to know is WHERE
            the project is located. Perhaps a more complete description of the
            project or pieces you wish to sell. Maybe give an asking price to
            start. If you even went further to describe the status, quality of
            workmanship, problems, reason for selling, ownership history, etc, more
            people might respond. A direct contact email/telephone number is always
            nice.

            Terry
            KSCK
            N41521

            On 2/9/2011 11:18 AM, pat_staunton wrote:

            > I have uploaded a new photo album of the partially completed Dragonfly
            > that I am selling. The ailerons, rudder, and elevators are included
            > however I do not have photos of them. I am probably going to get a few
            > emails in regards to shipping this project. I do not have any
            > experience in shipping a large item such as this, so if anybody has
            > any info on that please let me know. Thanks. Pat

          • Patrick Staunton
            Message 5 of 18 , Feb 13, 2011
              Here is some further info on the partially completed completed Dragonfly that I have.

              The aircraft right now is approx. 55% complete. It comes with the fuselage, vertical stab, main wing, canard, elevators, rudder, ailerons, instrument panel, consoles, canard bulkhead, and a Dragonfly Canopy.

              The canopy is not mounted. The canopy has a 1" crack at the trailing edge that has been stopped drilled.

              The canard requires the trailing edge to be completed of which I have the precut foam for. The outboard ends are incomplete so that the builder who completes the project can decide on whether to make it a MkI or MkII design. I also have a mold to make the landing gear for the MkII design. I also will include a foam wire cutter.

              I have the cowling for this project however it is for a VW Hapi engine. I have a Subaru EJ22 engine included so a different cowling will be required. I have no information on the engine that I have however it looks to be in good condition.

              The aircraft also comes with the rudder pedals as well as individual bags of screws, bolts, washers, and nuts that are marked according to the plans.

              This aircraft is currently located about an hour east of Toronto, Canada. I have uploaded photos in the album section under the heading For Sale (Toronto, Canada). You can email me directly at pstaunton@...

              Thanks

              Pat

              Sent from my iPad