Re: [Dragonflylist] elevator mod

  • Dorothea Keats and Chris Walterson
    Message 1 of 28 , Apr 1 10:28 AM
      Glen--------- I did my mod as per the newsletter and ran into all the
      problems you mentioned. I also have a large hole in the side of the
      fuselage and needed to do all the extra glasssing. I am the one from
      Canada that wrote the other article. It is an " if I had it to do over"
      statement and a better way to do it if you are converting from plans
      built setup. You will also need to make some sort of fairing for the two
      inch section of elevator you need to cut off if you are doing a
      convertion. Alot of us have also made our control arms one inch longer
      to get rid of the sensitive elevator. Any other questions give me a buzz
      and I'll help you out.---------- Canada Chris
    • bartmo
      Message 2 of 28 , Apr 2 4:29 AM
        I did my elevator mod using Chris' plans. It sure beat hell out of glassing in new phenolic bearings and cutting big holes in the fuselage. I have not flown the plane yet but think the mod is going to work fine.
        Bart