New guy

  • Justin Hawkins
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 1, 2005
      Hey all. I'm thinking of buying a dragonfly project on e-bay and I'm wondering what to look out for. I have about 300 hours in a bonanza, and 30 in an RV-4. Any general advice?

    • Craig P. Steffen
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 1, 2005
        > Hey all. I'm thinking of buying a dragonfly project on e-bay and I'm
        > wondering what to look out for. I have about 300 hours in a bonanza,
        > and 30 in an RV-4. Any general advice?

        Is this it?
        http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4529972322

        --
        craig@...
        public key available at http://www.craigsteffen.net/GPG/
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 1, 2005
          > Is this it?
          > http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4529972322

          Pretty cool...
          A nose wheel AND a tail wheel.

          Pat
        • REBECCA SIMPSON
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 1, 2005
            It is not a nose wheel, it's a training wheel for tail draggers - I like it

            Patrick Panzera <panzera@...> wrote:> Is this it?
            > http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4529972322

            Pretty cool...
            A nose wheel AND a tail wheel.

            Pat

            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          • Dave Morris "BigD"
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 1, 2005
              Well, I always like to promote my FAQ to newbies who are thirsty for info
              on the Dragonfly: http://www.davemorris.com/Dave/DFly-FAQ.html

              Dave Morris

              At 06:43 PM 3/1/2005, you wrote:

              >Hey all. I'm thinking of buying a dragonfly project on e-bay and I'm
              >wondering what to look out for. I have about 300 hours in a bonanza, and
              >30 in an RV-4. Any general advice?

              >Yahoo! Groups Links

            • jhawk169
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 6, 2005
                Well, I didn't bid on the ebay project, but I think the owner and I
                will work out an agrement for much less than the opening bid. Just
                an update to let you know. One more thing- Is anyone out there using
                the HAPI 1835 at around 5800'MSL?

                --- In Dragonflylist@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Morris \"BigD\""

              • oneskydog@aol.com
                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 6, 2005
                  In a message dated 3/6/2005 7:32:28 PM Mountain Standard Time,
                  jhawk169@... writes:

                  Well, I didn't bid on the ebay project, but I think the owner and I
                  will work out an agrement for much less than the opening bid. Just
                  an update to let you know. One more thing- Is anyone out there using
                  the HAPI 1835 at around 5800'MSL?

                  Jhawk,
                  I fly out of OGD at 4430 msl, frequent LAR at 7200msl and other medium high
                  places and have a HAPI 1835cc. It is not enough power in my opinion.

                  Regards,

                  One Sky Dog

                • jhawk169
                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 6, 2005

                  • oneskydog@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 13 , Mar 7, 2005
                      One more thing- Is anyone out there
                      using
                      > the HAPI 1835 at around 5800'MSL?
                      >

                      > Jhawk,
                      > I fly out of OGD at 4430 msl, frequent LAR at 7200msl and other
                      medium high
                      > places and have a HAPI 1835cc. It is not enough power in my
                      opinion.

                      > Regards,
                      >
                      > One Sky Dog
                      >
                      > Thanks, how many feet per minute do you get at best rate of climb
                      with a passenger?

                      Jhawk,
                      I only take passengers that weigh less than 125 lbs at this altitude and
                      only on cool days. So at 1215 lbs about 300 ft/min maybe 400 if the air is
                      bouyant.

                      Regards,

                      One Sky Dog

                      Give the gift of life to a sick child.
                      _Click Here!_ (http://us.click.yahoo.com/5iY7fA/6WnJAA/Y3ZIAA/jrDrlB/TM)

                    • zoomclimber
                      Message 10 of 13 , Feb 15, 2009
                        Helped build and fly a Q-2 many years back. Was too wild for me, but I
                        always loved the DragonFly.

                        Am currently building a Hummelbird and will have to finish that, but
                        might turn my eyes to a DragonFly at some point.