Aileron Stick Mod

  • zkpjm2
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2004
      Hi all,

      As several folks have found, we had had problems with flexing in the
      stick linkage to the aileron torque tube.

      Our solution to this was to weld a thin flat steel plate to the
      back/underside of the stick mounting, to make a U shaped box, open on
      the top.

      It's nice and stiff now and feels quite a lot better. I've posted a
      photo of it in the kiwifly folder if you are interested. There is
      enough room inside the box to get the locknut on the end of the torque
      tube through bolt without needing a hole, so the plate is welded all
      the way up to the tube at the top (hidden from view in the photo).

      Best Regards
      Tim Hughes & Phil Mattar
      Dragonfly ZK-PJM
      Christchurch, New Zealand.