Re: [Dragonflylist] Dfly on ebay

  • Eric Miller
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 1, 2003
      I spotted this when it was in TAP and been thinking about it... looks like
      it's still available.

      http://www.trade-a-plane.com/unprotected/specs/18890.html

      Eric

        I bet Pat P. could tell us a loooong story about this plane!!

        Jon

        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 1, 2003
          Dragonfly with an O-200.

          Are there many of these around ?

          How different in performance is this from the usual VW
          type engines ?

          Spotty

          http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
        • oneskydog@aol.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 1, 2003
            In a message dated 8/1/2003 8:21:48 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
            skytribe@... writes:

            > Dragonfly with an O-200.
            >
            > Are there many of these around ?
            >
            > How different in performance is this from the usual VW
            > type engines ?
            >
            > Spotty

            Spotty,

            This makes the third one that I am aware of. I flew in one and the
            performance is awsome 850 ft/min climb out at 150 mph 2 large people.

            Regards,

            One Sky Dog

          • Adrian Bowles
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 1, 2003
              Is the range reduced down - because of the increased
              thirst of the engine and does is the increased weight
              of the engine cause any other big issues....

              --- oneskydog@... wrote:
              > In a message dated 8/1/2003 8:21:48 AM Mountain
              > Daylight Time,
              > skytribe@... writes:
              >
              > > Dragonfly with an O-200.
              > >
              > > Are there many of these around ?
              > >
              > > How different in performance is this from the
              > usual VW
              > > type engines ?
              > >
              > > Spotty
              > >

              > Spotty,
              >
              > This makes the third one that I am aware of. I flew
              > in one and the
              > performance is awsome 850 ft/min climb out at 150
              > mph 2 large people.
              >
              > Regards,
              >
              > One Sky Dog

              > removed]

              http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
            • Adrian Bowles
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 1, 2003

                --- oneskydog@... wrote:
                > In a message dated 8/1/2003 8:21:48 AM Mountain
                > Daylight Time,
                > skytribe@... writes:
                >
                > > Dragonfly with an O-200.
                > >
                > > Are there many of these around ?
                > >
                > > How different in performance is this from the
                > usual VW
                > > type engines ?
                > >
                > > Spotty
                > >

                > Spotty,
                >
                > This makes the third one that I am aware of. I flew
                > in one and the
                > performance is awsome 850 ft/min climb out at 150
                > mph 2 large people.
                >
                > Regards,
                >
                > One Sky Dog

                > removed]

                http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
              • Dave Morris
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 1, 2003
                  The overhaul cost is also awesome.

                  Dave

                  At 07:40 PM 8/1/2003 -0400, you wrote:

                  >In a message dated 8/1/2003 8:21:48 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
                  >skytribe@... writes:
                  >
                  > > Dragonfly with an O-200.
                  > >
                  > > Are there many of these around ?
                  > >
                  > > How different in performance is this from the usual VW
                  > > type engines ?
                  > >
                  > > Spotty
                  > >

                  >Spotty,
                  >
                  >This makes the third one that I am aware of. I flew in one and the
                  >performance is awsome 850 ft/min climb out at 150 mph 2 large people.
                  >
                  >Regards,
                  >
                  >One Sky Dog

                • John Mason
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 1, 2003
                    On Friday, August 1, 2003, at 06:16 AM, Jon & Laurel Crawford wrote:

                    > I bet Pat P. could tell us a loooong story about this plane!!
                    >
                    > Jon

                    Pat sure can.
                    If anyone has an interest in this airplane please investigate.
                    I was with Pat as we were waiting for the plane to be delivered to
                    Visalia, California from Southern Cal. Pat was to check the plane out
                    and fly it to Ottawa where Philip was to take is plane on to Penn.
                    As we were waiting for them to arrive we saw a streak on final and as
                    they landed the three blades of the Ivo prop went sailing somewhere.
                    I'm not sure if the engine was torn down or not. ( a good question)I am
                    pretty sure there were other strikes on the engine.
                    I do know that the conversion from MK I to MK II was done well and I
                    witnessed a load test on the repaired canard. No worry there. As for
                    the rest of the plane, I question, especially the fuel delivery and the
                    electrical systems. The plane was trucked from Calif. the east coast.

                    I am posting this to make interested parties aware that there should be
                    many questions for the seller.

                    I really don't know how to say buyer beware. There are a handful of
                    people on the list that could take this airplane and take it apart,
                    measure, adjust, fit, and make it safe and this is what it will take.
                    Buy it right and tear it down and do it right.

                    John