Re: [Dragonflylist] le tempt gear

  • PaulZimm@attbi.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 1, 2003
      FYI Snap Dragon on E-Bay

      ViewItem&item=2405351017&category=26428

      --
      Regards : )

      Paul Zimmermann
    • Letempt, Jeffrey CW4
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 3, 2003
        I am back in town. What are your questions about my gear? Keep in mind my
        gear has never flown. I will help if I can.

        Jeff (LeTempt)

        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 3, 2003
          Hi Jeff i am interested in the nose wheel and gear to attatch it and where to
          attach. i think the main gear drawing from slip stream will be faster to
          build since i have all the tools. I need to know where to attach it also how
          far back from the cowling to get a good balanced instalation. I have a DF
          II.Thanks for your help i wanna get this thing to the fly in so i gotta get
          going. Gene

        • Dave Morris
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 3, 2003
            Jeff, I originally mounted my Cleveland brakes on the gear using the
            least-work method, like you did, with the brakes hanging on the
            bottom. But it bothered me to wonder what would happen if I had a flat
            tire and tried to land. The brake calipers would be riding on
            concrete. If you rotate the brake 90 degrees, you have to take off some
            gear material, but you end up being able to land with a flat tire that will
            ride on the wheel, not the brake. It could make the difference between a
            cartwheel landing or a loud one. So I ended up re-doing my gear leg. Just
            a thought. Your mileage may vary.

            Dave Morris

            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 3, 2003
              Dave,

              I have been looking at that myself. I have MATCO brakes and I am pretty
              sure with a flat tire my calipers would remain clear of the ground, but I
              have not verified that yet. Justin noticed the same thing. I will do a
              test and rotate if necessary.

              Thanks!!!

              Jeff

              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 3, 2003
                In a message dated 3/3/2003 12:56:44 PM Mountain Standard Time,
                letemptj@... writes:

                > I am back in town. What are your questions about my gear? Keep in mind my
                > gear has never flown. I will help if I can.
                >
                > Jeff (LeTempt)

                Jeff,
                Are you a Dragonfly pilot now?

                Regards,

                One Sky Dog

              • Letempt, Jeffrey CW4
                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 4, 2003
                  Charlie,

                  Well......I guess you will have to ask Anonymous to find out for sure. I
                  did have a good time and will be posting a detailed (read very long) post
                  this afternoon on my experience last week. I worked on it for about 30
                  minutes yesterday and need to go through it again for accuracy before I send
                  it out.

                  Still smiling!!!

                  Jeff

                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 4, 2003
                    In a message dated 3/4/2003 9:13:48 AM Mountain Standard Time,
                    letemptj@... writes:

                    > Charlie,
                    >
                    > Well......I guess you will have to ask Anonymous to find out for sure. I
                    > did have a good time and will be posting a detailed (read very long) post
                    > this afternoon on my experience last week. I worked on it for about 30
                    > minutes yesterday and need to go through it again for accuracy before I
                    > send
                    > it out.
                    >
                    > Still smiling!!!
                    >
                    > Jeff