Sail Car Picture

    Message 1 of 3 , May 2, 2004
      Hi,

      I've uploaded the corner of the map I had showing the sail car.
      The file is in the Engineering Inventions section of Photos under
      sketch-mapbyIS1626sailcar.jpg

      The map was drawin 1626 by IS and the text caption for the sail car
      says "Manner of their travel".

      Hope this is what you are looking for.

      Regards,

      Kit Meng
    • omabi_us
      Message 2 of 3 , May 3, 2004
        Awesome illustration! I understand westerners were so impressed that
        the Chinese could travel at speeds of 30 - 40 mps (10 times faster
        than horse drawn carriages--only in the movies can horses RUN all
        day) they sketched these vehicles on their maps of China. It's great
        to see an example. Omabi

        --- In DragonSeedLegacy@yahoogroups.com, "kitmengleong"

        Message 3 of 3 , May 4, 2004
          You're welcome! I'll see what I can do with your waterclock. Anyone
          else know anything about the waterclock shown in the drawing?

          Jieming

          --- In DragonSeedLegacy@yahoogroups.com, "omabi_us"