Re: New file uploaded to DragonSeedLegacy

    Message 1 of 138 , Apr 25, 2004
      Hi Alex,

      In general the Chinese do tend to be more conservative and less open
      about themselves compared to Westerners but then I'm generalizing here
      and isn't always true. But you are right in that we should at least
      claim what is ours to claim in the first place.

      I personally think the the current Chinese Government is doing the
      right thing, pushing ahead it's research and development, not just to
      catch up with the developed countries, but also to raise standards of
      living. This is important if a country is to grow and break-out of
      the poverty cycle. Only when people are contented and don't need to
      worry about where they will get their next meal, can they relax and
      think of other things. This is when the intelligence and
      inventiveness of a people can come out and be applied to more abstract
      and greater things instead of always forced to concentrate on making a
      living and finding enough food for his/her family.

      Cheers,

      Jieming

      --- In DragonSeedLegacy@yahoogroups.com, Alessandro Ranieri
      <alexcranieri@y...> wrote:
      > Ah Jieming,
      > Just read extract of Robert Temple. Very surprise to find many
      achievements were originate by Chinese. While I think many Westerners
      only copy from the Chinese, I believe Chinese need to be more
      assertive in claim responsibility for any invention or achievement.
      Maybe Chinese not realize their invention would have such impact on world.

      > The Chinese are very smart people and the most populous in the
      world. Maybe it is not Chinese to brag about their achievement. Maybe
      world has myth that Chinese are studious, hardworking, quiet and
      modest. I think China's launching of space and astronaut Wang Li Wei
      show that China want to show that it can accomplish something just
      like Westerners did. Usually, China very silent about anything. But
      this time, it proudly let all its citizens know about the achievement.
      And when U.S. space shuttle had accident last year, China able to
      succeed putting man in space for 24 hours show that China can achieve
      just like Westerners.

      > Alex.
      >

      > DragonSeedLegacy@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      >
      > Hello,

      > a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the DragonSeedLegacy
      > group.
      >
      > File :
      /References/referencetext-extract-thewestsdebttochina.txt

      Message 138 of 138 , Jan 21, 2007
        Hello,

        a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the DragonSeedLegacy
        group.

        File : /hot military club.html
        Uploaded by : hotmilitarymatch19 <hotmilitarymatch19@...>
        Description : Hot military club free to join! Have fun with hot military girls and guys!