Re: [DragonSeedLegacy] Re: tea

  • Rachel Tatner
    Message 1 of 19 , Jul 7, 2004
      The tea is brownish in color when brewed. It has a very deep strong flavor with a hint of bitter aftertaste.

      I think I first saw it talked about in Hong Kong...perhaps it's known under another name in mainland China.

      I was hoping the characters on the box would help you to identify it.

      Rachel
      <<Rachel, what's the taste of the tea? Very Bitter? Was you told any addtional info of the tea when you bought it? That would help identify the tea. I know several types of tea have such shape.

      Jane
      <<<

    • Jane
      Message 2 of 19 , Jul 7, 2004
        Rachel, No, the package doesn't say what its name is. It's very hard to identify it without taste it. As I said, several types of tea have this shape. It could be Bi Luo Chun, a green tea from the little information you gave. But also could be something else.

        Jane

        Rachel Tatner <rattat@...> wrote:
        The tea is brownish in color when brewed. It has a very deep strong flavor with a hint of bitter aftertaste.

        I think I first saw it talked about in Hong Kong...perhaps it's known under another name in mainland China.

        I was hoping the characters on the box would help you to identify it.

        Rachel
        <<Rachel, what's the taste of the tea? Very Bitter? Was you told any addtional info of the tea when you bought it? That would help identify the tea. I know several types of tea have such shape.

        Jane
        <<<

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        Message 3 of 19 , Jul 7, 2004
          Hi Jane and Rachel,

          My best guess would be that it's a semi-fermented tea which is the
          most common type. It doesn't sound like a green tea since it would
          have a brownish color and have a bitter after taste. It also doesn't
          sound like a fermented tea because you will see a deep reddish color
          when brewed and a fairly bitter flavour.

          I guess like Jane says, need to taste it to know. Does it say
          where the tea is from? Sometimes that helps as certain regions are
          known for only certain types of teas.

          Hehehe, I talk so much when I hardly drink tea myself.

          Jieming

          --- In DragonSeedLegacy@yahoogroups.com, Jane <ming18ming2003@y...>
          wrote:
          > Rachel, No, the package doesn't say what its name is. It's very
          hard to identify it without taste it. As I said, several types of tea
          have this shape. It could be Bi Luo Chun, a green tea from the little
          information you gave. But also could be something else.

          > Jane
          >
          > Rachel Tatner <rattat@s...> wrote:
          > The tea is brownish in color when brewed. It has a very deep
          strong flavor with a hint of bitter aftertaste.

          > I think I first saw it talked about in Hong Kong...perhaps it's
          known under another name in mainland China.

          > I was hoping the characters on the box would help you to identify
          it.

          > Rachel
          > <<Rachel, what's the taste of the tea? Very Bitter? Was you told
          any addtional info of the tea when you bought it? That would help
          identify the tea. I know several types of tea have such shape.

          > Jane
          > <<<

          > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          Service.