Winter Solstice ('Dong Zhi'), 12/22/2009, 12:00 am

  • DragonSeedLegacy@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 14, 2009
      Reminder from: DragonSeedLegacy Yahoo! Group

      Title:  Winter Solstice ('Dong Zhi')

      Date: Tuesday December 22, 2009
      Time: All Day
      Repeats: This event repeats every year.
      Next reminder: The next reminder for this event will be sent in 6 days, 23 hours, 56 minutes.
      Notes:  Winter Solstice ('Dong Zhi' 冬至)

      Dong Zhi is the thanksgiving of the Chinese calendar. "Dong Zhi" literally means "arrival of winter". Coinciding with the winter solstice, it is an occasion for the family to get together to celebrate the good year they have had. Tang Yuan (汤圆) is cooked and eaten to symbolise unity and harmony within the family. Dong Zhi occurs 6 weeks before Chinese New Year and would normally fall between 21st Dec and 23rd Dec.

    • Virginia
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 15, 2009
        I was born on the Winter Solstice and especially enjoy thinking about the thanksgiving message of Dong Zhi. I have many precious family members for which to be thankful as well as many friends and a great DragonSeed forum!

        Have a blessed Dong Zhi everyone, and a Merry Christmas.

        Warmest regards, Omabi