Question of name and location in China

  • ronempress
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2009
      A friend of mine and I are both writing Wuxia novels. My friend's will be published first and she has a name concern. One of her characters is named "Shen", which she says is more of an Eastern name, but the character is from the west. One of the characters ancestors did migrate, so she wonders if that name would be acceptable as a Western Chinese name? Does she need to change it? Does anyone have an opinion? Xie xie!