Re: Chinese Autumn Festival-Hanford, California

  • omabi_us
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 14, 2009
      Thanks, Gary, for the heads up. I'll bite carefully. Hanford can be a literal hotspot with temperatures reaching 114 Fahrenheit, but then I suppose if you've visited in the summer, you are well aware of that. They have a Taoist Temple with a delightful bookstore attached. (The fact that they carry my books may color my perspective here.) Many "California pioneers" came from southern China during the gold rush of the 1800's and the Hanford Chinese Historical Society has accumulated a lovely exhibit. I am looking forward to the whole affair!

      Warmest regards, Virginia