Chinese Autumn Festival--Hanford, California USA

  • omabi_us
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 12, 2009
      Time: October 3, 2009 from 2pm to 5pm
      Location: China Alley, Hanford, CA
      Organized By: Hanford Chinese Historical Society

      Event Description:
      The Chinese Moon Festival this year will be held on October 3, 2009.

      Have fun and give thanks for all the family's blessings this season by participating in the different community Moon Festivals across the US and Canada. Dress up in Chinese dresses and pants, bring along your moon cakes and moon poems and have fun with your family as autumn starts.

      As a children's author of picture books set in medieval China, I am thrilled and honored to have been asked to participate in the festival with a book table. If any Dragon Seed Legacy folks are in the area, I trust you would enjoy the festivities! Omabi (Virginia Walton Pilegard)
    • kim kheong ho
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 12, 2009
        Dear Omabi,

        Thank you for your invitation to the auspicious event, however I'm won't be in the area to join you guys. Anyway, have a delightful and merry evening to all who are attending. I still remember my grandpa used to tell us the stories of the Mooncake festival back then in China where once upon a time, these mooncakes serve as a message box where and when revolts were to take place.

        But now, we are celebrating it as a rememberence of our forefathers struggles in their heydays. This is a valuable lesson that teaches us to live freely and happily as our forefathers wishes us to.

        Once again, have a Happy and Wonderful evening to all who celebrating this auspicious event.

        Cheers and take care,
        Kim Kheong & family

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 13, 2009
          Thank you for the invitation, Omabi! It sounds wonderful and if I lived or visited out there, I'd join you.

          --
          Sincerely,
          Victoria Dixon