sulfur matches?

  • omabi_us
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 10 8:08 PM
      Hi everyone, We have all been quiet for so long on this forum!

      Can anyone can give me information about the invention of matches in 577 AD. I have read the account by Robert Temple in THE GENIUS OF CHINA and I am particularly interested in how sticks might have been impregnated with Hanzhong sulfur. Any wisdom you may have will be gratefully received. Thanks, Omabi (Virginia)
    • ronempress
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 11 5:31 AM
        --- In DragonSeedLegacy@yahoogroups.com, "omabi_us" <omabi_us@...> wrote:

        > Hi everyone, We have all been quiet for so long on this forum!
        >
        > Can anyone can give me information about the invention of matches in 577 AD. I have read the account by Robert Temple in THE GENIUS OF CHINA and I am particularly interested in how sticks might have been impregnated with Hanzhong sulfur. Any wisdom you may have will be gratefully received. Thanks, Omabi (Virginia)

        I wish I could, Omabi. Are you writing on the topic?