ancient Dian bronzes

  • Gary L. Todd
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 28 7:05 PM
      Dear group,

      I recently visited Kunming and photographed the two museums there. They featured the fabulous bronzes of the Dian Kingdom, c. 4th-2nd century BC. The most complete collection of Dian bronzes (and Dali Kingdom buddha art) is at the Yunnan Provincial Museum:
      http://picasaweb.google.com/GaryLeeTodd/YunnanProvincialMuseum#
      A smaller collection of Dian bronze is at the Kunming City Museum:
      http://picasaweb.google.com/GaryLeeTodd/KunmingCityMuseum#
      Though much smaller, this museum also has some skeletons of those nifty dinosaurs which seem to be unique to Yunnan.

      These albums are posted to my www.GaryLeeTodd.com website which currently contains 126 albums and 16,900 photos, mostly of ancient artifacts, Chinese museum holdings, and other things of historic interest.

      Gary L. Todd, Professor of History
      Sias International University
      Xinzheng, Henan, China
    • omabi_us
      Message 2 of 2 , May 9, 2009
        Great pictures and a wonderful website. I usually buy postcards because I'm no photographer, so it's great to look at your pictures of sites and museums I've visited. Thanks, Omabi