Chinese museum online

  • Corinne
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 29, 2008

      Hello,

      could someone give me the link for that ' chinese museum online again' ?I must have lost it. I searched and searched but could not fidn it.

      Thanks,

      Corinne

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 14, 2008
        Hi,

        The link is rather egocentrically called www.GaryLeeTodd.com. I have about 5000 photos posted now, but after I return to China tomorrow, I plan to buy more storage space and post a few thousand more photos. Then I plan to go to Shanghai in a few weeks and add hundreds of photos from the excellent museum there. Then in August I intend to photograph the refurbished PLA (Military) Museum in Beijing, while I also take advantage of free tickets to the Olympics. Throughout next year I will visit more museums as I find the time, and add them to the website. I also have photos from other places like Egypt, Rome, and Mesoamerica, but those are mostly monumental artifacts, and not the kinds you find in museums. Also, those were taken with a slide camera and rephotographed with a digital. The quality is not always so good.

        I also will post an entire course in Chinese history - about 42 hours in 28 lectures. I've got the first two up now, but we are having technical trouble which may take some time to solve. Hopefully I will have the entire course at the website sometime this year.

        Gary Todd

      • omabi_us
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 21, 2008
          Wow! Great site. I am indebted to you for your excellent photographs
          and valuable information. I'm looking forward to discovering the
          lectures. Thanks, Omabi (Virginia Pilegard)

          --- In DragonSeedLegacy@yahoogroups.com, Gary Todd <leefoxx1949@...>
          wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > The link is rather egocentrically called www.GaryLeeTodd.com. I
          have about 5000 photos posted now, but after I return to China
          tomorrow, I plan to buy more storage space and post a few thousand
          more photos. Then I plan to go to Shanghai in a few weeks and add
          hundreds of photos from the excellent museum there. Then in August I
          intend to photograph the refurbished PLA (Military) Museum in Beijing,
          while I also take advantage of free tickets to the Olympics.
          Throughout next year I will visit more museums as I find the time, and
          add them to the website. I also have photos from other places like
          Egypt, Rome, and Mesoamerica, but those are mostly monumental
          artifacts, and not the kinds you find in museums. Also, those were
          taken with a slide camera and rephotographed with a digital. The
          quality is not always so good.

          > I also will post an entire course in Chinese history - about 42
          hours in 28 lectures. I've got the first two up now, but we are having
          technical trouble which may take some time to solve. Hopefully I will
          have the entire course at the website sometime this year.

          > Gary Todd

        • Vic
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 22, 2009
            Gary, thank you so much for posting this site! I've written a novel using certain scenes from "Romance of the Three Kingdoms" and visual references are hard to come by from that distant of a time period. (I still hope to find ship recreations of the vessels used at Chibi, so if you know of any pictures of ships like that, I'd be in your debt again.) I hope to do at least two more novels using Wang Mang and Su Tungpo in the future, so your site is a reference gold mine. :D