Chinese museums online

  • Gary L. Todd
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 16, 2008
      I have just opened a website for the purpose of housing photos of
      thousands of artifacts from every major museum in China. So far I have
      some 5000 photos posted, with several thousand more waiting for more
      storage space. I intend to visit many more museums over the next few
      years and constantly add to the database of ancient Chinese artifacts.
      I am also including at the site a series of 28 lectures on Chinese
      history, but as each file consumes over 500 megabytes, it will be a
      while before these are all available. The site is rather egotistically
      labelled http://www.GaryLeeTodd.com/ and is also something of a
      commercial for the university which employes me to teach the stuff
      featured on the website. FYI, the photo albums are not limited to
      China, but include photos from ancient Egypt, Europe, Rome and
      Mesoamerica. It's pretty neat to get paid to do your hobby, and the
      birthplace of Chinese civilization is a great place to live.

      Gary L. Todd, Ph.D.
      Professor of History
      Sias International University
      Xinzheng, Henan, China
      leefoxx1949@...
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 13 7:23 AM
        Gary, just to let you know that I think what you are doing is simiply
        fantastic. This will be an invaluable resource for people all over
        who have limited access to the artifacts.

        Jieming

        --- In DragonSeedLegacy@yahoogroups.com, "Gary L. Todd" Gary,