Xin Nian Kuai Le

  • juanjuan
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 21, 2006
      Hello all,

      here is an early wish of happy year of Dog!

      Xin Nian Kuai Le, Gong Hei Fat Choi!

      Best wishes for good health and good family and relationships in the
      new year!

      Jane

      PS: Chinese Culture Online is a sister group of DSL. see U can log in
      from here
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ChineseCultureOnline/
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 22, 2006
        Xin Nian Kuai Le & Gong Xi Fa Cai everyone!

        Arianna, how's your tang dresses coming along? :-)

        Jieming
        DragonSeedLegacy
        ChineseCultureOnline

        --- In DragonSeedLegacy@yahoogroups.com, "juanjuan" <yijane01@m...> wrote:

        > Hello all,
        >
        > here is an early wish of happy year of Dog!
        >
        > Xin Nian Kuai Le, Gong Hei Fat Choi!
        >
        > Best wishes for good health and good family and relationships in the
        > new year!
        >
        > Jane
        >
        > PS: Chinese Culture Online is a sister group of DSL. see U can log in
        > from here
        > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ChineseCultureOnline/

      • Arianna Steffia dOvste
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 25, 2006
          I really like it! as does my husband! LOL!- I had to go with cotton, because it is what I had,
          but I think it turned out well. My daughter isn't thrilled about shoulderless dresses- so I
          may only end up making the one.
          And they weren't too hard to make once I found the TIME!
          LOL! I am also making hanfu... should finish tonight or Friday!
          Excited? You bet I am... now if I can just figure out the hair! LOL
          Thanks again for ALL of your help!!
          -arianna
          I will upload photos as soon as I can. I really appreciate all your help!

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 25, 2006
            Wow, that's fantastic! I can't wait for photos. :-) I've uploaded
            another image into the Tang Clothing photo album, one of Tang era
            lipstick styles. I'm still searching for hairstyles for you. :-)

            Jieming
            DragonSeedLegacy
            ChineseCultureOnline

            --- In DragonSeedLegacy@yahoogroups.com, "Arianna Steffia dOvste"

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 30, 2006
              Jieming,
              I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your help.
              It turns out that the only dress I got completely finished in time (I have no skill in time
              management!) was the Tang Dress.
              but you have to know, EVERYONE LOVED IT! I got more compliments than I can count on
              fingers and toes, and it was wonderful to see admiring glances as I presented before our
              royalty!
              The words beautiful, and lovely were used quite often along with georgeous. Wow! what a
              self esteem booster (I may change my persona! LOL).
              I also, told them all, NO, I am not dressed as a geisha, I am wearing tang dynasty china, It
              was fun to explain such things to a bunch of volunteer historians!
              One lady is asking for the wonderful info that you sent me, so if you don't mind I am going
              to send it along to her. She was very interested in then make-up patterns you sent.
              (I did not have the guts to try them-I was already wearing a see through robe and a
              shoulderless dress- but I wore BRIGHT RED lipstick and prayed you'd forgive me...) I flat
              ran out of time! I barely got dressed before I had to be in royal court! But I made it!!!
              And it was fabulous! My friends are used to my big heavy Venitians that do not show a
              womans form and suddenly there I am in TANG, and they were amazed I had a waist!!! let
              alone shoulders!! LOL
              Sadly, being a historical reinactment group-even though everyone proabably had a cell
              phone, no one had a camera!
              but I will get the photos I have promised-and I think I am going to go ahead and finish the
              rest of the Hanfu for my family. They love the style and were disappointed mama didn't
              get finshed.... :(
              so I'll finsh them! I WILL!
              Thank you! Thank you! Thank you again!
              Your help made a fun event wonderful for me!
              -Arianna,
              who would have loved to wear the TANG dress to work!
              LOL!
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 1, 2006
                Hi Arianna,

                You're welcome! I'm glad it worked out well. Do post your photos
                when you have them as well as the ones for your husband and child when
                you're done! :)