Re: Tang Dresses costume help

  • Arianna Steffia dOvste
    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 22, 2005
      Thank you for finding this. Unfortuately, I cannot read Chinese. :(
      I can push buttons though.. I will see what the links lead me to. (Hopefully not to trouble!)
      ;)
      Thanks again!
      -arianna

      --- In DragonSeedLegacy@yahoogroups.com, "kitmengleong" <kmleong@a...> wrote:

      > Here's a site on a little bit of the history of Chinese Women's
      > undergarments. :-)
      >
      > http://server.cnenshi.com/our/women/women_zx/
      2005_08_23_08_46_49_39716.shtml

      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 5, 2006
        How's it coming along? :-)

        Jieming

        <stephehawk@y...> wrote:

        > Jieming,
        >
        > I am located in Central Arkansas, USA. I am in the Society from the
        Shire of Lagerdamm,
        > Kingdom of Gleann Abhann. Our orgainization is the Socitey for
        Creative Anachronism. We
        > are online if you have any curiosity about it. sca.org.
        >
        > I don't know, but I think I'd like to focus on the time period
        between 1400-1600. I really
        > don't have a lot of information as of yet, so I don't know how the
        fashions may have
        > changed or stayed the same. Myself, I recreate 1490-1550 Venice. So
        I am still trying to
        > stay in those years. However, I am open to going earlier.
        > I will more than likely have to use rayon or cotton instead of silks
        due to cost and
        > availabilty in my area. I will be sewing these myself. Any and all
        advice and information will
        > be greatly appreciated.
        >
        > One of the things we (the sca) try to do perfect, is the attempt at
        being true to the time
        > periods and cultures that we re-enact. This is why I have come to
        your egroup.

        > We are trying, we are researching everything we are doing via the
        internet and what books
        > we have found, but agian, we are for the most part caucasian
        westerners! LOL! But we are
        > very excited and intrigued by what we are learning.
        > Our event is January 28. I am also working on making decorations for
        our feast, and foods
        > for our feast as well. We are serving pork (my assignment), chicken,
        rice and vegetables
        > along with fresh fruits. I will be making red envelopes with "good
        Luck" stenciled on them
        > in gold metalic paint. I am hoping to make golden "fu" dogs for the
        entrance way (paper
        > mache) if I can find good pictures of various angles so I can sculpt
        them in the round. We
        > are incorporating a lot of red and gold in our event. Our kingdoms
        colors are red, black
        > and white, but I understand that black is not used during new years
        celebrations, so we
        > are using a lot of red instead.
        >
        > I am sorry, I have rambled on. I am very excited and am looking
        forward to hearing from
        > the group on this project.
        >
        > thank you very much for any thoughts you will share,
        > arianna
        >
        > --- In DragonSeedLegacy@yahoogroups.com, "kitmengleong"
        <kmleong@a...> wrote:

        > > Hi Arianna,
        > >
        > > How interesting! Where do you do your medieval reinactments?
        > >
        > > Which period in Chinese history are you looking at?
        > >
        > > Jieming
        > > DragonSeedLegacy
        > > ChineseCultureOnline

      • Arianna Steffia dOvste
        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 6, 2006
          SLOWLY! LOL! I am hoping to get a block of time this weekend to finish up. I will put of
          photos as soon as I can. I am so excited (and more than a little nervous) I have joined 2
          other Chinese history forums to do my research! One was off a link on one of the photo
          you sent me. this is really fun!
          thank you again,
          Arianna
          Message 4 of 17 , Apr 11, 2006
            Hi Arianna,

            I'm just wondering whether you made any patterns for your Tang
            dresses. I have someone asking for Hanfu patterns and I thought of
            you. Would you be able to help?

            Cheers,