Zheng He Festive Village

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 13, 2005
      Zheng He Festive Village

      Marina Promenade
      1st - 10th July 2005

      Come July 2005, visit the Zheng He Festive Village to discover the
      various ports and nations that Zheng He sailed to 600 years ago.

      "The barbarian countries which we have
      visited are: by way of Zhancheng (Champa),
      Zhaowa (Java), Sanfoqi (Palembang) and
      Xianlo (Siam) crossing straight over to
      Xilanshan (Ceylon) in South India, Guli
      (Calicut), and Kezhi (Cochin), we have
      gone to the western regions Hulumosi
      (Hormuz), Adan (Aden), Mugudushu
      (Mogadishu),altogether more than thirty
      countries large and small. We have
      traversed more than one hundred thousand
      li (more than 30,000 miles) of immense
      water spaces and have beheld in the ocean
      huge waves like mountains rising sky-high,
      and we have set eyes on barbarian regions
      far away hidden in a blue transparency of
      light vapours, while our sails loftily
      unfurled like clouds day and night
      continued their course (rapid like that)
      of a star, traversing those savage waves as
      if we were treading a public thoroughfare."
      - Tablet erected by Zheng He
      at Changle, Fujian, A.D 1431

      Relive the Admiral's adventures as the Marine Promenade will be
      transformed into a cultural village with a series of colourful
      pavilions representing the various ports-of-call. Take a step back in
      time and discover these ports-of-call through the eyes of Zheng He.
      Through interactive exhibits, demonstrations, food, handicrafts and
      performances, visitors will get to learn more about the historical
      link between Zheng He and these ports-of-call.

      Singapore Tourism Board