Chronology of Chinese History and Culture - 5000 B.C. to A.D. 2004

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2004
      Hi, just uploaded my "Chronology of Chinese History and Culture"
      which I'm working on but is still sorely incomplete. The gaps in
      the chronology will be filled as I go along as there is still much
      for me to write and summarize. The main blocks which are still
      incomplete are the sections from 5000 BC to 1600 BC, AD 589 to AD
      1500 and the more recent history from 1949 onwards. I've also yet
      to fill in the whole column on Major Social Advances too.

      Hopefully the chronology can help bring all the disjointed
      components you read about together and give you a sense of the
      continuity that is part of the Chinese heritage. I will be linking
      most of the other information in the group into the chronology as
      well as to develop a whole new portion on Famous (significant)
      battles which were turning points in Chinese history. The other
      planned section would be to collect and incorporate the maps of what
      was considered China through the ages, to see the transitions of
      dynasties and the ebb and flow of the borders.

      Later I also hope to start adding more columns, maybe one on the
      development of writing styles or one on population size etc.

      Please do take a look and feel free to comment, add or correct
      anything you see fit.