Re: Introduction

  • Ty
    Message 1 of 24 , Feb 4, 2005
      How can you have left Ryan out? He's already in China.

      > Tigerboycanada is expert on China. Not sure where he is.
      >
      > Renato is married to Chinese woman and lives in Guangzhou. He know a
      lot about doing business there. If he not on vacation, he can answer
      your question. Otherwise, wait till he get back.

      > I live in London. I am moderator of Hongkongnews. Members can read
      articles about Hong Kong.

      > In the meantime, if you have question, comment or want to post
      article in DSL, please feel free.

      > Alex.
    • Alessandro Ranieri
      Message 2 of 24 , Feb 5, 2005
        Ah, my apology for leaving Ryan out. Ah, is Ryan windlighter?

        Alex.

      • ming18ming2003
        Message 3 of 24 , Feb 5, 2005
          I am sorry too. But who is Ryan? Where in China is he?

          Jane

          HI Alex! Yea, I was traveling. home now! :)

          --- In DragonSeedLegacy@yahoogroups.com, Alessandro Ranieri
          <alexcranieri@y...> wrote:
          > Ah, my apology for leaving Ryan out. Ah, is Ryan windlighter?
          >
          > Alex.
          >

          > ---------------------------------
        • Ty
          Message 4 of 24 , Feb 5, 2005
            --- In DragonSeedLegacy@yahoogroups.com, "ming18ming2003"
            <ming18ming2003@y...> wrote:

            > I am sorry too. But who is Ryan? Where in China is he?
            >
            > Jane
            >
            > HI Alex! Yea, I was traveling. home now! :)

            Where did you go?
          • Alessandro Ranieri
            Message 5 of 24 , Feb 5, 2005
              Ah Hyde,
              Thanks.

              I want to encourage all members to provide true information. If we provide false info, how does this help group? Many members join the group to learn about China, but if we provide false info, they will leave group.

              Alex.

              Do you Yahoo!?
              Message 6 of 24 , Feb 6, 2005
                I go off for a short while to travel home for the Lunar New Year and
                this happens!

                I understand that friction can occur between peoples especially in a
                forum where people come from different cultures. Please remain civil
                here and keep a healthy dose of respect for others' opinions while
                posting.

                DSL and CCO are open discussion forums to help foster better
                understanding between peoples and cultures. Keep it that way please.

                Alex & HydePark,

                I'm afraid I have to censor your previous posts. Posts 1757 & 1758
                have been deleted. If you have an issue with Ty, take it up privately
                with him. I tend to allow a certain leeway in posts and allow
                everyone here to post his or her opinions rather liberally but
                personal attacks cross the line.

                Please keep discussions friendly and respectful.

                Ty,

                I don't know what the problem is between Alex, HydePark and you but I
                am deleting your replies to their deleted posts as well as they are
                irrelevant to Chinese history, culture and legacy. Posts 1760 & 1761
                have been deleted.

                DragonSeedLegacy
                ChineseCultureOnline
                Message 7 of 24 , Feb 6, 2005
                  Hi Renny,

                  Glad to see you found your way here. I apologise for not replying
                  earlier as I was busy travelling to get back to my grandmother's place
                  for the new year and have just settled in with an internet connection
                  to check mail and stuff.

                  Feel free to post your queries here. Alex has been helpful enough to
                  introduce some of the members. Some of them would be able to help you
                  with information and advice on living and working in China though many
                  might be busy at the moment because of the Lunar New Year celebrations
                  in 2 days time.

                  Maybe we can get Jane in on this too. She's always a great help. :-)

                  Jieming
                  DragonSeedLegacy
                  ChineseCultureOnline

                  --- In DragonSeedLegacy@yahoogroups.com, <dan@r...> wrote:
                  > Hello, I am known as Renny and was introduced to this forum by a
                  friend from a message board I became interested in. He said some of
                  you may be of help. I am going to China to get married and possibly
                  stay. The problem is I know very little about how to accomplish this
                  and would like to talk to people who know and/or can help with being
                  able to stay in China once I am married and can't find many who know
                  much about it. Any thoughts or questions? Any help would be
                  appreciated. Thx
                • danny_frmn
                  Message 8 of 24 , Feb 7, 2005
                    Thx for the welcome and sry it took me so long to get back.
                    Basically, my situation is that I can produce a decent income while
                    in China that is not based on having to have employment there. I
                    would like to have time after the marriage to decide, while living
                    there, to make some decisions. Like to stay in China or split our
                    time between the states and China. We have not decided a preference
                    regarding residence or employment. We simply don't wish to be
                    separated after the marriage until she has a visa. Financially, I
                    can stay in China without employment if need be, but have no problem
                    working there if needed to stay. I simply don't know the details of
                    what would be the most expedient way to stay long term while we make
                    these decisions. Personally I think we are probably better off in
                    China for several reasons, but until we have had some time for Kaiyu
                    and I to digest this together, there is no decision. Just a need to
                    stay together. Hope that makes it a little clearer. We will be in
                    Zhuhai.

                    Since I have yet to figure out who everyone is just shout out:).
                    Someone close (Like Guangzhou maybe) who is familiar with this kind
                    of situation would be great. I can talk for free on the phone all
                    you want if a call would be acceptable. My long distance is the
                    same wether I use it or not. Thx again.

                    --- In DragonSeedLegacy@yahoogroups.com, "kitmengleong"
                    <kmleong@a...> wrote:

                    > Hi Renny,
                    >
                    > Glad to see you found your way here. I apologise for not replying
                    > earlier as I was busy travelling to get back to my grandmother's
                    place
                    > for the new year and have just settled in with an internet
                    connection
                    > to check mail and stuff.
                    >
                    > Feel free to post your queries here. Alex has been helpful enough
                    > introduce some of the members. Some of them would be able to help
                    you
                    > with information and advice on living and working in China though
                    many
                    > might be busy at the moment because of the Lunar New Year
                    celebrations
                    > in 2 days time.
                    >
                    > Maybe we can get Jane in on this too. She's always a great
                    help. :-)

                    > Jieming
                    > DragonSeedLegacy
                    > ChineseCultureOnline
                    >

                    > --- In DragonSeedLegacy@yahoogroups.com, <dan@r...> wrote:
                    > > Hello, I am known as Renny and was introduced to this forum by a
                    > friend from a message board I became interested in. He said some
                    of
                    > you may be of help. I am going to China to get married and
                    possibly
                    > stay. The problem is I know very little about how to accomplish
                    this
                    > and would like to talk to people who know and/or can help with
                    being
                    > able to stay in China once I am married and can't find many who
                    know
                    > much about it. Any thoughts or questions? Any help would be
                    > appreciated. Thx
                  • ming18ming2003
                    Message 9 of 24 , Feb 13, 2005
                      That's right, although I didn't get to see what those deleted posts
                      were about, I fully support Jieming and his approach to keep the
                      groups a civil and healthy one. Our goals of running these groups
                      include sharing info. and increasing the amount of understanding.
                      Things we highly value include respect to all
                      cultures/people/differences. What we'd like to see in the groups here
                      are a small harmony where all people are here to share, to
                      understand, to show respect, to gain friendship and achieve harmony
                      within our little community. It's thus my sincere wish that all of
                      our contribution in whatever ways are in alignment with these goals.

                      Soemthing I wish to share here. We are all so different. Just as I
                      understand myself am an imperfect human being, most of the time I do
                      try not to expect/demand perfection from other people, and the same
                      as I forgive my own imperfection, I do try "let go" the things from
                      other people that don't seem to be appealing to me.

                      Thanks to all!

                      Jane

                      <kmleong@a...> wrote:

                      > I go off for a short while to travel home for the Lunar New Year and
                      > this happens!
                      >
                      > I understand that friction can occur between peoples especially in a
                      > forum where people come from different cultures. Please remain
                      civil
                      > here and keep a healthy dose of respect for others' opinions while
                      > posting.
                      >
                      > DSL and CCO are open discussion forums to help foster better
                      > understanding between peoples and cultures. Keep it that way
                      please.

                      > Alex & HydePark,
                      >
                      > I'm afraid I have to censor your previous posts. Posts 1757 & 1758
                      > have been deleted. If you have an issue with Ty, take it up
                      privately
                      > with him. I tend to allow a certain leeway in posts and allow
                      > everyone here to post his or her opinions rather liberally but
                      > personal attacks cross the line.
                      >
                      > Please keep discussions friendly and respectful.

                      > Ty,
                      >
                      > I don't know what the problem is between Alex, HydePark and you but
                      > am deleting your replies to their deleted posts as well as they are
                      > irrelevant to Chinese history, culture and legacy. Posts 1760 &
                      1761
                      > have been deleted.

                      > DragonSeedLegacy
                      > ChineseCultureOnline
                    • ming18ming2003
                      Message 10 of 24 , Feb 13, 2005
                        Heehe.. Jieming, i am not sure if i am always a great help, but
                        thanks.

                        Hi Renny! Welcome to the group and hope you'll have a fun stay. What
                        questions do you have?

                        Jane

                        <kmleong@a...> wrote:

                        > Hi Renny,
                        >
                        > Glad to see you found your way here. I apologise for not replying
                        > earlier as I was busy travelling to get back to my grandmother's
                        place
                        > for the new year and have just settled in with an internet
                        connection
                        > to check mail and stuff.
                        >
                        > Feel free to post your queries here. Alex has been helpful enough
                        > introduce some of the members. Some of them would be able to help
                        you
                        > with information and advice on living and working in China though
                        many
                        > might be busy at the moment because of the Lunar New Year
                        celebrations
                        > in 2 days time.
                        >
                        > Maybe we can get Jane in on this too. She's always a great
                        help. :-)

                        > Jieming
                        > DragonSeedLegacy
                        > ChineseCultureOnline
                        >

                        > --- In DragonSeedLegacy@yahoogroups.com, <dan@r...> wrote:
                        > > Hello, I am known as Renny and was introduced to this forum by a
                        > friend from a message board I became interested in. He said some of
                        > you may be of help. I am going to China to get married and possibly
                        > stay. The problem is I know very little about how to accomplish
                        this
                        > and would like to talk to people who know and/or can help with being
                        > able to stay in China once I am married and can't find many who know
                        > much about it. Any thoughts or questions? Any help would be
                        > appreciated. Thx
                      • ming18ming2003
                        Message 11 of 24 , Feb 13, 2005
                          --- In DragonSeedLegacy@yahoogroups.com, "Ty" <tigerboycanada@y...>
                          wrote:

                          > --- In DragonSeedLegacy@yahoogroups.com, "ming18ming2003"
                          > <ming18ming2003@y...> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > I am sorry too. But who is Ryan? Where in China is he?
                          > >
                          > > Jane
                          > >
                          > > HI Alex! Yea, I was traveling. home now! :)
                          >
                          > Where did you go?

                          what is "where  ";...???
                        • Roman Bates
                          Message 12 of 24 , Feb 13, 2005
                            Jane,

                            I just joined DragonSeedLegacy and have been reading the last couple of posts and also wonder why posts 1751 and 1756 weren't deleted along with the other offending posts. Posts 1751 and 1756 were probably responsible for setting off the exchange of nasty posts. I agree these offending posts should be kept to private emails. I think Ty owes everyone an explanation as to what he means in posts 1751 and 1756. Was this meant to be some kind of April Fools'  joke or does Ryan really exist?

                            Roman.

                            Jane wrote:

                            what is "where &#12288";...???

                          • ming18ming2003
                            Message 13 of 24 , Feb 14, 2005
                              That's right, Roman. I also asked the question, who is Ryan? And
                              where in China is he?

                              Jane

                              --- In DragonSeedLegacy@yahoogroups.com, Roman Bates
                              <stamfordbr1997@y...> wrote:
                              > Jane,
                              >
                              > I just joined DragonSeedLegacy and have been reading the last
                              couple of posts and also wonder why posts 1751 and 1756 weren't
                              deleted along with the other offending posts. Posts 1751 and 1756
                              were probably responsible for setting off the exchange of nasty
                              posts. I agree these offending posts should be kept to private
                              emails. I think Ty owes everyone an explanation as to what he means
                              in posts 1751 and 1756. Was this meant to be some kind of April
                              Fools' joke or does Ryan really exist?

                              > Roman.
                              >
                              > Jane wrote:
                              >
                              > what is "where  ";...???
                              >

                              > ---------------------------------
                            • Ty
                              Message 14 of 24 , Feb 14, 2005
                                Ryan doesn't but Brian does.

                                <stamfordbr1997@y...> wrote:
                                > Jane,
                                >
                                > I just joined DragonSeedLegacy and have been reading the last couple
                                of posts and also wonder why posts 1751 and 1756 weren't deleted along
                                with the other offending posts. Posts 1751 and 1756 were probably
                                responsible for setting off the exchange of nasty posts. I agree these
                                offending posts should be kept to private emails. I think Ty owes
                                everyone an explanation as to what he means in posts 1751 and 1756.
                                Was this meant to be some kind of April Fools' joke or does Ryan
                                really exist?

                                > Roman.
                                >
                                > Jane wrote:
                                >
                                > what is "where  ";...???
                                >

                                > ---------------------------------
                              • Ty
                                Message 15 of 24 , Feb 14, 2005
                                  First off, to assume that this was "April fools" before you read the
                                  posts is not very kindly disposed, at least in my culture.

                                  <stamfordbr1997@y...> wrote:
                                  > Jane,
                                  >
                                  > I just joined DragonSeedLegacy and have been reading the last couple
                                  of posts and also wonder why posts 1751 and 1756 weren't deleted along
                                  with the other offending posts. Posts 1751 and 1756 were probably
                                  responsible for setting off the exchange of nasty posts. I agree these
                                  offending posts should be kept to private emails. I think Ty owes
                                  everyone an explanation as to what he means in posts 1751 and 1756.
                                  Was this meant to be some kind of April Fools' joke or does Ryan
                                  really exist?

                                  > Roman.
                                  >
                                  > Jane wrote:
                                  >
                                  > what is "where  ";...???
                                  >

                                  > ---------------------------------
                                • Ty
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Feb 14, 2005
                                    1751 was deleted to rectify correct information.
                                    1756 was deleted accidentally.

                                    <stamfordbr1997@y...> wrote:
                                    > Jane,
                                    >
                                    > I just joined DragonSeedLegacy and have been reading the last couple
                                    of posts and also wonder why posts 1751 and 1756 weren't deleted along
                                    with the other offending posts. Posts 1751 and 1756 were probably
                                    responsible for setting off the exchange of nasty posts. I agree these
                                    offending posts should be kept to private emails. I think Ty owes
                                    everyone an explanation as to what he means in posts 1751 and 1756.
                                    Was this meant to be some kind of April Fools' joke or does Ryan
                                    really exist?

                                    > Roman.
                                    >
                                    > Jane wrote:
                                    >
                                    > what is "where  ";...???
                                    >

                                    > ---------------------------------
                                  • danny_frmn
                                    Message 17 of 24 , Feb 14, 2005
                                      Thx for the welcome everyone,
                                      I'm sorry it took me so long to answer, but I have been very busy
                                      trying to tie up affairs here before I leave for Zhuhai. My
                                      question is really quite simple. I simply want some advice on what
                                      someone with a similar experience might think is the most expedient
                                      way (once Kaiyu and I are married) is to remain in China and work.
                                      I have an income without actually having to be employed in China,
                                      but would be willing to work there if it made the process easier.
                                      As far as how long I want to stay in China is concerned, we don't
                                      actually know yet. Probably a year or two. We want to stay at
                                      least long enough for her to get her visa so we don't have to
                                      seperate. How much longer we stay, or if we make it our permanent
                                      home, we intend to decide together and take some time to decide. At
                                      the moment, as long as there are not problems, I should be in Zhuhai
                                      first week of March. About the 7th or 8th. We both know many
                                      people in both China and the U.S., but good practical advice (i.e.,
                                      the most practical and expedient way for me to get a long term visa)
                                      on this seems hard to come by in our social circle. Any thoughts
                                      would be appreciated.

                                      Thx again, Dan