Re: Jieming, My Jokes on the 500 RMB Note

  • ming18ming2003
    Message 1 of 40 , Nov 2, 2004
      hehe... U r just fine! My situation is much worse. :)))

      Y chromosome? Profoundly confused!!! - If that's the right expression
      i remember. :)

      Jane :)

      --- In DragonSeedLegacy@yahoogroups.com, "kitmengleong"
      <kmleong@a...> wrote:

      > Hahaha, ok USD$2 then.
      >
      > I'm no romance expert Jane or I'll be married by now! hehehe
      >
      > Actually I made a slight mistake when I talked about the Y
      chromosome.

      > >>Unmodified by hormones, all fetuses become female.
      >
      > is not correct. It should have read, "Unmodified by a different set
      > of hormones, all fetuses become female."
      >
      > :-)
      > Jieming
      > DragonSeedLegacy
      >

      > --- In DragonSeedLegacy@yahoogroups.com, "ming18ming2003"
      > <ming18ming2003@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hehe... Jieming, that is more than 2 RMB worth. The Y chromosome
      > > sounds "heaven's book" to me, hehe... tian shu in Chinese which
      means
      > > something incomprehensible. hehe... All the quote are great. Will
      > > share more please?
      > >
      > > "Not every battle need be won.
      > > This is your spouse after all." --- How down right
      enlightening!!!!
      > > I must remember this. Great! Thanks! Please do tell more!
      > >

      > > Jane
      > >

      > > --- In DragonSeedLegacy@yahoogroups.com, "kitmengleong"
      > > <kmleong@a...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Ah... better throw my 2 RMB in quickly here.
      > > >
      > > > This is an issue that many asians are currently struggling
      with.
      > > The
      > > > debates on the roles of the genders is often confusing, a
      balance
      > > > between the traditional roles and what is perceived to be the
      modern
      > > > equality of the sexes. Mix in the concepts of western
      sexuality and
      > > > gender roles and what we have is a great mess of differing
      opinions
      > > > and attitudes which I feel may be the root cause of the rising
      > > number
      > > > of single unmarried men and women in their 30s and 40s today.
      > > > Expectations are all over the place and naturally they no
      longer
      > > meet
      > > > enough to form lasting relationships.
      > > >
      > > > Being compliant is nothing like being submissive. Men in
      general do
      > > > not want submissive wives. They might like a submissive
      mistress
      > > but
      > > > not a submissive wife. A wife should be strong and capable to
      stand
      > > > by her man or to take the lead when needed to. Even the west
      has
      > > such
      > > > a saying as "Behind every successful man is an successful wife"
      or
      > > > something to that effect. Having the strong support of a
      spouse, be
      > > > it the wife to a husband or a husband to a wife is a major
      factor in
      > > > the success or failure of a marriage. A rarely quoted phrase
      I'd
      > > like
      > > > to share goes like this.
      > > > "To love someone, is to be strong (for her/him),
      > > > but to be loved by someone is to be inspired!"
      > > >
      > > > A compliant wife is a different story. This is more a matter of
      > > > accomodation. A compliant wife is matched by a compliant
      husband.
      > > > Both are respectful and fulfill their roles as husband and
      wife.
      > > The
      > > > wife is compliant and listens. The husband too, is compliant
      and
      > > > listens. Unbalance this in either direction and you'll get
      > > arguments
      > > > and a very unhappy marriage. Both must learn to accomodate
      each
      > > other
      > > > but more importantly, to pick your battles. Not every battle
      need
      > > be
      > > > won. This is your spouse after all. :-)
      > > >
      > > > This gender divide, like any meeting of minds or people, can be
      > > > breached with a little commonsense and accomodation.
      > > >
      > > > Incidently, I've always thought that the christian view of Eve
      > > (woman)
      > > > being formed from the rib of Adam (man) is kind of opposite
      from
      > > what
      > > > really happens. Women are the default option. Unmodified by
      > > > hormones, all fetuses become female. It takes the Y
      chromosome's
      > > lack
      > > > of a few blocking dominant genes to allow recessive genes to
      come
      > > > forward and trigger the hormonal balance to change a default
      female
      > > > fetus to male. So males are really modified females!
      > > kekekekahahahahaha
      > > >
      > > > Ok, that's enough for just 2 RMB. :-)
      > > >
      > > > Jieming
      > > > DragonSeedLegacy
      > > > ChineseCultureOnline
      > > >

      > > > --- In DragonSeedLegacy@yahoogroups.com, "ming18ming2003"

      > > Asian

      > > feminity
      > > CHinese
      > > being
      > > full
      > > submissive.
      > > woman
      > > being
      > > suggested
      > > know.

      > > discussion
      > > or
      > > tooooooooo

      > > have
      condominium. :)))

      China

      Message 40 of 40 , Nov 7, 2004
        Not sure of his relationship with the Indonesian Chinese but he is a
        relative unknown quantity with people in Malaysia and Singapore. He
        looks to be a moderate but really can't tell. He is expected to do
        better than Megawati who practically wasted all her time in office
        while the Indonesian economy languished. The good thing about
        Megawati though was that she wasn't anti-chinese and actually presided
        over many policy reversals which were pro-chinese.

        Frank? What are your views?

        Jieming