PPD 09 Volunteers Needed

  • Thorne Crossroads
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2009
      Playground Guardians will be in one hour blocks, for each block we need a minimum of two (2) adults. Volunteers will need to report to Tru about 5mins before their block begins to insure that block will actually be covered, if the block is NOT covered, the playground will be CLOSED until the next block. (As you can see by looking below there are currently no times during the day that the playground will be open.)

      Please contact TRU if you wish to help - trudremr1954@...

      12pm
      1. Tru
      2.

      1pm
      1.
      2.

      2pm
      1.
      2.

      3pm
      1.
      2.

      4pm
      1.
      2.

      5pm
      1.
      2.

      6pm
      1.
      2.

      7pm
      1.
      2.

      Please feel free to put your name in one of the blocks above and forward it to Tru - trudremr1954@...

      -------Letter to Parents--------------------------------

      Dear Parents;

      We are looking forward to having you and your children at this year's Pagan Pride Day. However, there are rules we must abide by to keep our contract with the church. Anyone under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times while on property. In an effort to meet this agreement, provide you the best PPD experience that we can, and to hold true to our own ethics we are designating these stipulations on the presence of minors at this years PPD.

      Under 6yos : Must be with a legal guardian at all times that they are on the property.

      6yos - 12yos : May spend time on the playground when it is open provided their parent escorts them to and from the playground. If there are activities that are listed as "Children's Activities" then the same stipulation applies there as well.

      13yos – 15yos : May spend time on the playground when it is open provided a responsible adult escorts them to and from the playground. If there are activities that are listed as "Teen's Activities" then the same stipulation applies there as well.

      16yos – 17yos : Must be escorted during workshops that are NOT listed as "Teen's Activities".

      NO ONE under the age of 18 may be present for ANY ritual without their legal guardian being present in the same capacity.

      NO ACTIVITIES listed as "Children's" or "Teen's" will contain ritual or magick work.

      The playground will be open in one hour blocks provided there are two (2) Playground Guardians available for that period depending on the number of PARENTS that are willing to volunteer. The playground will be accessible by anyone except as stipulated above.

      Children's and Teen's activities will be made available depending on the number of PARENTS who volunteer to run these activities.

      If you are a parent with a child under the age of 18 and intend on attending PPD you are encouraged to volunteer either as a
      Playground Guardian or come up with an activity for either 6-12 or the 13-17 age ranges.

      If you would like to volunteer time as a Playground Guardian or offer a Children's / Teen's Activity for the event then please contact Tru - trudremr1954@... Include in your e-mail a general overview of your activity, how long it will be, when you can do it, your space needs, number of participates, which age range it is geared toward (under 12 or 13-17) and any other information that she might need.
      We would prefer that all Playground Guardians are PARENTS of CHILDREN who are ONSITE (this does not mean that every parent must take a turn but that would be great). Playground Guardians will work in shifts of no less than two Playground Guardians at any given time, so that children who need to find a parent or go to the bathroom need not go unaccompanied. The more volunteers we have, the less time each volunteer has to spend at the playground. No one will be asked to work more than one hour, we will close the playground first.

      If you have any other questions about the event or the rules listed above, please feel free to contact Thorne thorne_crossroads@... or 865-567-5314

      For updates on the event check http://pagan.meetup.com/1024/pages/Pagan_Pride_Day_2009_-_Main/

      Thank you for your time and patience,
      ThE WYrdOes