Serpentstone Litha Gathering 2008 Reminder-Splendor Hollow!

  • Etsi Doyi Astarte
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 5, 2008
      June 20-22, 2008
      at At Splendor Hollow
      in Sevierville, TN

      With Dragon's Fire
      And Dancing Fae
      Come Celebrate
      This Longest Day.
      It's Litha!

      It's the summer solstice with the longest day and the shortest night
      of the year. This is the time to rededicate yourself to your
      spiritual path and to work your magick for prosperity and protection.
      So, as the wheel of the year turns to midsummer, come and join us in
      the mystic realm with the Serpent Stone family!

      We also will be holding a Faery Costume Competition. So wear your
      Best Costume of the Faeries and let's see who wins the Day!!

      Practical Matters

      Please Bring:
      Tent, sleeping bags, blankets, rain gear and clothing for both warm
      and cool weather, flashlight, snack foods, ritual gear, drums and
      other musical instruments. Plan for a wide temperature range, even at
      this time of the year, but tend toward the warm side. Remember your
      feast gear and eating utensils (styrofoam plates and bowls are no
      longer supplied).

      Food:
      We'll supply food for breakfast on Saturday and Sunday, and
      main dish supper on Friday and Saturday. Please bring pot-luck
      offering for Feast. It need not be prepared unless it is baked. Items
      such as fresh fruits and veggies, cheese, sour cream, honey,
      breakfast meats, breads, desserts, and salad items are very much
      welcomed by our kitchen witches. Please drop these off at the kitchen
      as soon as possible after arriving, so our Kitchen Witch and helpers
      can begin working their magick! Having enough for everyone is
      dependent on everyone bringing something for the kitchen, so please
      help us have a bountiful feast!

      Rules to Live By!

      Treat each other with respect and respect all paths. Take care
      of those you come with and respect the land by leaving your campsite
      cleaner than you found it.
      No illegal drugs, firearms, drunken behavior, bad attitudes, or
      violence or other inappropriate behaviors will be condoned on the
      site. We DO enforce the no drugs rule, and security has active duty
      law enforcement officers serving among them, so don't bring them!
      No pets. Service dogs only will be permitted at this gathering
      site. All other pets will be refused at the gate so please do not
      bring them.
      Please bring positive attitudes, appropriate gear and food for
      the pot-luck contribution!
      Most of all... HAVE FUN!

      Current Contacts

      Gathering Coordinators: Pendragon
      Registration Coordinator: Mortir (OffSite)
      Mortir (OnSite)
      Merchant Coordinator: Aradia
      WorkShop Coordinator: Seiker
      Kitchen Witches: Silver Rose
      Children Activities: Astarte
      Or contact us at:
      SerpentStone
      PO Box 652
      Candler, NC 28715
      phone: (828) 665-4049

      Registration

      Cost:

      $10 per young adult, ages 12-18** (plus your feast contribution and 2
      hours of volunteer service)
      if postmarked and paid before June 13th, 2008
      $20.00 per adult** (plus your feast contribution and 2 hours of
      volunteer service)
      if postmarked and paid before June 13th, 2008
      $30.00 per person** after June 13th and at the door (plus your feast
      contribution and 2 hours of volunteer service).
      NEW FAMILY RATE: (This includes up to 2 adults, and children under 18
      living in the house) Prepaid registration before June 13th, 2008 -
      $50. At the gate & After June 13th - $70 (plus your feast
      contribution and 2 hours of volunteer service).
      *Children under 12 are free.

      A legal guardian must accompany anyone under 18. If not a custodial
      parent, the guardian must be responsible for the minor, and have a
      written permission statement from the parent, which must be presented
      at registration immediately upon arrival.
      **Work-scholarships (in which the registration fee is waived in
      return for a number of extra work shifts) are available for those for
      whom finances are an issue. Contact the Registration Coordinator to
      make arrangements.
      Please!
      Remember that your feast contribution and 2 hours of community
      service (see note below) are very important! They are part of how we
      are able to keep our gathering prices down! Also, help us keep the
      Earth Mother healthy by bringing your own feast gear! Example: plate,
      bowl, cup, glass, and eating utensils. We are no longer supplying
      styrofoam.
      All gatherings fees are non-refundable. However, if you have pre-paid
      and are unable to attend the gathering, you may contact us before the
      gathering, and your fee can be applied to a future gathering.

      Please note:
      We are working very hard to keep our prices low, despite rising
      costs for sites, food, and fuel. If you can add something, even a
      dollar or two, to your registration, it may help someone else be able
      to attend.

      Community service:
      Each participant is asked to contribute two hours of community
      service during the gathering. Community service is basically just a
      little of the background work that lets a gathering happen, and may
      include helping out with registration, food preparation, heralding
      workshops or rituals, helping with the site, or cleanup. It's fun,
      and a great way to get to know folks better!

      Merchants:
      To be a merchant at this gathering, please check the appropriate box
      on the registration form and add $10.00 to the total price of your
      individual registration(s). You will be contacted by the Merchant
      Coordinator, who will send you the Merchant's Contract which you will
      need to fill out and return prior to the gathering. Yes, for each
      gathering.

      Please make checks or money orders payable to SerpentStone and mail
      payments to the address given above.

      Directions

      ... an email confirming your registration and giving directions to
      the site will be sent about a week before the gathering if we have
      received your completed pre-registration form and your payment.

      www.serpentstone.org
    • Etsi Doyi Astarte
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 10, 2008
[...]

        After June 13th - $70 (plus your feast contribution and 2 hours of
        volunteer
        service). *Children under 12 are free.

[...]

        This communication, together with any attachments hereto or links
        contained herein, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
        and may contain information that is confidential or legally protected.
        any review, disclosure, copying, dissemination, distribution or use of
        this communication is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this
        communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by return
        e-mail message and delete the original and all copies of the
        communication,
        along with any attachments hereto or links herein, from your system.